Fat Joe speaks on Black people having a crabs in the barrel mentality

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The metaphor should be used to describe how white supremacy alters the behavior of its victims, not to denigrate black people.
That is the purpose of the crabs in the barrel metaphor though. White supremacy is "the fisherman" and "the barrel". The crabs are then placed in a barrel by the fisherman where they a forced to go into self preservation mode while pulling each other down. We now use the metaphor to call out other black people when they still have that mindset even though we aren't in such predicaments anymore. We don't have it as rough as our ancestors but some of those negative mentalities have managed to survive due to what some have called post traumatic slave syndrome.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
He spot on with EVERYTHING he said. If you don't agree, you ain't watch the clip and going off the click bate thread title

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I hate that he’s right but he is. I just ended a business partnership with a nikka I knew for 10 years because he kept trying to compete with and outshine me instead of just playing his role. I kept addressing it, he’d apologize, then do some more envious shyt, then rinse and repeat. But this is the same nikka who’s all smiles and takes the bass out his voice around cacs. It’s insane
You mean a nikka like... Fat Joe?