Fat Joe as a kid

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mothafukka look like a former member of the patridge family.

Never cared for fat sloppy joe dude is an idiot. Especially with the whole N-word shyt and getting all self righteous when folks ask him about it. At least a kat like immortal technique brings some nuance to the conversation as a latin rapper when discussing the subject.

Even B-real stopped using the word as a latin rapper and him and sen dog were the first latin rappers (who acknowleged they were latin) with a large following to use the word.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
i understand that joe ain't a damn angle saxon like christian bale we know this, but he's a non-black man who if he grew that cac looking hair could exist comfortably in white dominated spaces and receive benefits and subsidies along with any other white person. yeah he's spanish speaking so what? he's just like jennifer lopez, penelope cruz, and ricky martin. latin folks who if they learn the cac language both verbal & body, phrasing and tonage, plus get on code with all things white supremacy could easily exist in their spaces unlike bill bellamy or tony yayo. honorary white folks

as a new yorker i've been acculturated to accept the fact that non-black puerto rocks (shout out to lala anthony) and dominicans (shout out to dave east) can say nikka too like the black latinx which is why i never batted an eye over joe since i started listening to son back in 1992. same with pun who has hair like goddamn john lennon lol let's be real. i remember when i first met my nikka fitz back in '98 who is from memphis and he thought we new york nikkas were some uncle toms who talked like fake italians (lol & smh) and stayed sending shots playfully. but his real beef was how we let fat joe and big pun not only call themselves nikka but call us nikkas. it hit me like a ton of bricks b, i felt ashamed because i knew he was right

what was worse that i'd accepted this bullshyt subconsciously, how did i accept this shyt? yet nikkas running around calling southerners dumb? shiiiiit... look, fat joe, big pun, cardi b, and bobbito ain't no damn nikkas. nah, but kurupt, daz, remy ma, and charlemagne are. and not because i'm saying we're black and ignorant folks who have accepted our inferiority so yayyyy N word! nah, only those who can't switch and practice anti black racism which ALL OF THEM COULD, can use nikka in the colloquial sense period. and THEN we can have a community discussion among OURSELVES intraracially about that word. but fat joe? c'mon man stop it, we're lying to ourselves. he's knows he's an other and we know it too. full disclosure here, i'm a hypocrite because it's not like i've stop listening to fat joe records or i have smoke for puerto rocks like that who i've heard use the word on the train or whatever. which i suppose gives credence to the whole ny nikkas are weak argument smh.. i dunno man, damn....., but with each passing day i realize that i need to get on code because i know in my heart of hearts this shyt ain't right. and ole fakkit ass joe talmbout who gon check him from saying nikka. he said it in africa "where the REAL black people are and they ain't have a problem with it." fukk that mean joe? black folks not born in africa ain't real son? keep it a buck i lost because i know better, it is what it is.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
J Lo was chastised for dropping the N-bomb on the I’m Real Remix and this was in 2001, when she was still “from da Bronx.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...epithet/2b9832d0-6275-4cb6-b1b2-6bb990f2745b/

Only reason she got some what of a pass is she said puffy told her to say the word to spice up the song. Puffy then fell on the sword and admitted he encouraged her to say the word on the song.

So who knows why she said it...whether it was her decision or puffys. But that caused enough confusion for the storm to settle.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:patrice: Im not really wit it myself*, tbh, but, hey, ppl protest how they want. :yeshrug:

*bc I'm not seeing the steps between protesting the anthem and ending police brutality. But i be quiet bc i legit don't know and it felt stupid to ask. :hamster:
The players aren't protesting the national anthem, they're protesting racial injustice. It just so happens that the player protests take place during the playing of the national anthem. The media has spun the protest's target to be the anthem, but that's not true.
To your point, I don't see the point of kneeling anymore, either. We're past the point of raising awareness by kneeling. We need some changes made to the system.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
What was the point of that? Is this about him saying the N word?
Is Fat Joe our enemy now because he was fat weird looking kid?

:cape:

Y'all better stop inviting these cacs to the cookout
12NQK2M.png

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
Lol fukk that dude. I remember when he was on The Breakfast Club one time and they asked him about saying nikka. He tried to justify it by saying that he can say it because he's "blacker than most black people because he was from the hood and in the streets." He literally said that. :gucci:

Last edited: