Far Cry 5 (Official Thread)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Never played Far Cry before and never bought a special edition before.

The marketing for this shyt got me contemplating doing both. :wow:

Am I really about to drop 99 on a game?

Well 75 cause of GCU but still

GCU = Good To A nikka

fm719i.gif

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else get that email about the Arcade mode stress test coming up this weekend? :lupe:
I just completed my registration for PC. It's under NDA so probably no one will be streaming or putting up youtube videos about it.

Loken

All Star
Daps
Anyone else get that email about the Arcade mode stress test coming up this weekend? :lupe:
I just completed my registration for PC. It's under NDA so probably no one will be streaming or putting up youtube videos about it.

i didn't buttttt i wouldn't mind some feed back on how it runs breh( once you had time to give it a go) the only real thing im worried about is if its gonna run like crap on pc or not lol

*Edit*

NVM just got my email lol

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Played about an hour of the stress test so far.

3 PvP maps in rotation currently(Deathmatch & Team Deathmatch modes)
Premade loadouts catering to each map
There will for sure be a Survival/Battle Royal mode built into Arcade mode. The gameplay mechanics are already there.(Parachutes, item collection, etc)
There are assassination mechanics in PvP
Vehicles are in PvP

It's pretty well optimized on PC. I'm averaging about 75fps @ 1440p on Ultra settings

Last edited:

Loken

All Star
Daps
Played about an hour of the stress test so far.

3 PvP maps in rotation currently(Deathmatch & Team Deathmatch modes)
Premade loadouts catering to each map
There will for sure be a Survival/Battle Royal mode built into Arcade mode. The gameplay mechanics are already there.(Parachutes, item collection, etc)
There are assassination mechanics in PvP
Vehicles are in PvP

It's pretty well optimized on PC. I'm averaging about 75fps @ 1440p.

yea run like butta if the main game run like that :banderas::wow: only thing i was worried bout

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tried to pre-order at best buy cause I have a gift card.

shyt's sold out. :beli:

From pre-orders :beli:

Went to two locations :beli:

I didn't think this game was going to be like that :beli:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Far Cry 5's Campaign Could Take You 25 Hours Or More To Complete

Ubisoft's next big open-world game, Far Cry 5, launches next week on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. But how long is the campaign? Executive producer Dan Hay says you should budget a good chunk of time to play the campaign--around 25 hours--but that's just the start. "I would say that a good player will go through it in 25 hours," Hay told GameSpot during an interview recently.

Hay went on to say that, based on playtests, Ubisoft has seen players getting distracted from the main story with things like fishing or hunting, which will extend the total playtime. Of course, everyone plays differently, and in a game like Far Cry 5 that lets you play your own way, 25 hours could turn into many more.

"What we're seeing is people going into the world and just spending four or five hours fishing or hunting, or just doing stuff that we hadn't really prepared for," Hay said. "So it really depends on how you play."

In addition to the campaign--which can be played in co-op--Far Cry 5 will have a map-editor that you can use to build head-to-head game types or anything else you want. This gives the game an opportunity to stay relevant and keep people playing for a long time in the future.

Regarding the new map and mode editor for Far Cry 5, we asked Hay if the tools are robust enough to create something like PUBG or Fortnite.

"That would be super cool," he replied. "Obviously we are growing the tools with every iteration, and this time it was a big, big growth rate for us."

Hay went on to say that he thought Far Cry 4's map editor was "clunky," going on to say that he hopes that the advancements for Far Cry 5 make the tools easier to use and more intuitive.

Far Cry 5 launches on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27. In other news, Ubisoft recently announced Far Cry 5's Season Pass, and it takes players to places like Mars and the Vietnam War. We also recently learned more about the game's microtransactions and how the campaign is playable offline.