Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them [Harry Potter Spin-Off] Nov. 18, 2016

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Do I have to have seen Harry Potter to watch this? :jbhmm:

I don't think any characters from Harry Potter will be in this movie, but the movies after the first one will have some Harry Potter characters in them.

I'd say probably not, but you'd be missing some context.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

It's got 80% on 129 reviews right now.

Seems like the movie is decent at least.

I might see it this weekend.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
didn't really follow development so don't know what to expect. Honestly not that hyped either...but i do wanna see it since it's part of HP.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:lawd: JK Rowling just came through and launched another billion dollar franchise off of her last billion dollar franchise.

This shyt was amazing! It has everything- charismatic characters, incredible magic, humor, fukking DARKNESS like whoa. I was not expecting to see so much death. In particular
the matricide of the foster mother and that first killing of the senator were well played. Creepy, shocking and fantastic
. I loved Jacob but was a bit sad
that he was oblivated
. But I really like how they ended it for him. And :banderas:@that twist of the
boy being the occulia and not the girl. Well played. I was also shocked when Colin Ferrell's character turned in Johnny Depp as Grindelwald! :mindblown:

So much fukkery and fun. And it looked awesome on IMAX 3D. I really hope this is just a beginning because this movie bleeds perfectly into the HP books but leaves just enough room to create a new world of its own.

My only complaints are it could have trimmed about 10-15 minutes, but I'm not really sure how or where I would have cut. Also, why the only black character gotta be a power hungry cold bytch? Seriously, JKR? But so were Jon Voight and Colin Ferrell's characters, so at least it was distributed.

Anyway, I'm super pleased and pleasantly surprised because creature movies are hit or miss for me.

I give this a 9 out of 10 and will be dragging some more friends to see it again this weekend.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:lawd: JK Rowling just came through and launched another billion dollar franchise off of her last billion dollar franchise.

This shyt was amazing! It has everything- charismatic characters, incredible magic, humor, fukking DARKNESS like whoa. I was not expecting to see so much death. In particular
the matricide of the foster mother and that first killing of the senator were well played. Creepy, shocking and fantastic
. I loved Jacob but was a bit sad
that he was oblivated
. But I really like how they ended it for him. And :banderas:@that twist of the
boy being the occulia and not the girl. Well played. I was also shocked when Colin Ferrell's character turned in Johnny Depp as Grindelwald! :mindblown:

So much fukkery and fun. And it looked awesome on IMAX 3D. I really hope this is just a beginning because this movie bleeds perfectly into the HP books but leaves just enough room to create a new world of its own.

My only complaints are it could have trimmed about 10-15 minutes, but I'm not really sure how or where I would have cut. Also, why the only black character gotta be a power hungry cold bytch? Seriously, JKR? But so were Jon Voight and Colin Ferrell's characters, so at least it was distributed.

Anyway, I'm super pleased and pleasantly surprised because creature movies are hit or miss for me.

I give this a 9 out of 10 and will be dragging some more friends to see it again this weekend.

Do they show Depp's character at the end?