Fans overrate Loki as a villain

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
i think the main problem is these movies are disney and fukking campy as shyt... ain't no villians gonna be out here murking 20-50 people at a time like we want... even joker in dark knight didn't kill but a few people... less than 10 if i'm really thinking on it
he killed more than 10, but still, joker never kills a lot of people at once in comics

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
z2JVPcZ.jpg

Save us Manta....:ohlawd:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
when talking best comic book movie villains i often see his name thrown into the mix. maybe it's because the ratio of bad villains so heavily outweighs that of the great villains that even the more mediocre ones like loki stand out.

he's like.. okay i guess? as kind of like a chickenshyt heel?

but do i think he's one of the all time great villains? :ld:

is he not like the 4th or 5th most interesting thing going on in avengers? does he even matter in that movie?

loki stans speak on it brehs.

He carried the highest grossing comicbookmovie in existence :yeshrug:

After Iron Man an Hulk of course :whoa:

Character reception was so good they stopped a director from killing the character off in his next appearance and short changed the actual villain of that movie to give him more screentime specifically :whoo: aint nothing being overrated :camby:.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
when all you can say is "he's popular with people"... it's hard to give you dap.

and hell no he didn't carry avengers, get out of here with that. he does not feel as big as any of the main avengers.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Marvel villains are fine, the problem is that the bar has been raised.

a movie is only 2-3 hours at max, there isn't always enough time to give the hero a deep encompassing origin, flesh out a detailed plot, establish a villain as cool, funny, threatening and charismatic, have a well developed cast and build towards the sequels. To be honest, the extent Marvel has been pulling this off considering its never been done before is awe inspiring. The Netflix villians have 13 episodes/hours or more to be fleshed out, it makes sense they will have more detail to them.

I'm not really sure what you guys what from comic book characters tho, cats out here looking for villians like ladies looking for 2Pac in a business suit. :pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
when all you can say is "he's popular with people"... it's hard to give you dap.

and hell no he didn't carry avengers, get out of here with that. he does not feel as big as any of the main avengers.
I think his popularity with the audience is exactly where a rating or overrating would come from. He definitely carried the Thor movies tho.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang

it's kinda the same problem as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates movies. Character is popular > studio thinks they have to force him into everything which inevitably leads to overexposure of a character

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
the way they sold ultron in the trailers i thought he had huge potential, but he was grossly misrepresented. he was saturday morning cartoon status.
the trailers made ultron look unstoppable/and intimidating :ohhh:
"im going to tear you apart......from the inside":ohhh:
he ended up as a bytch:stopitslime:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

Sorry but he did. It is what it is. Only Hulk and Iron Man were better in that movie.

Thor franchise is regarded as the "Thor and Loki series" as opposed to just "Thor" :manny: