Famous Afro-Latinos are Tired Of Trying To Explain To People They’re Black

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tatyana Ali is Panamanian and Trini. What difficulty is she having?

In New York black Panamanian don’t even consider themselves Hispanic they accept being West Indian.

She is over exaggerating.

Seems like wrong context. I don’t think that quote was in relation to being Latino.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

I cannot believe there's people that don't understand what "Afro-XXXX" means.

Afro____ is just someone of African descent and the ____ is their birthplace/nationality.

The reason you don't hear "Afro Haitian" or "Afro Jamaican" is because those countries populations are dominated population wise by people of significant African ancestry.

Someone saying they're "Afro Dominican" or "Afro Cuban or Afro Puerto Rican" is because there's a large portion of their population that are white/mixed and their media representation only shows that so the average idiot when they see a person speaking Spanish it's usually some curly haired Rican or Cuban. On TV when they see "Spanish" people they look like this:

jennifer-lopez-veg-diet-1501844875.jpg

MV5BNmQ4YzYwOWMtODBkOC00YjljLTkzMGYtYjY2OGU1N2NiODE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_SY999_SX999_AL_.jpg

story.pitbull.gi.jpg
as well as the default Mexican
Mexico-family-of-5-outside-home.jpg

So when a Mexican of African Descent
afromexicans-cartademexico.com-2015-08-14_10-08-39___357.jpeg

black-mexicans-2-e1450106463967.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

says they're black and latino they(dummies) say it's impossible because they either don't "look" black and they think if someone is from either of those countries they must look like the ones they mostly see on TV.

Then you get into the whole "True Negro" or "black" person.

The true negro looks like this
sudan-occidentalenegroid.jpg

THAT is apparently what a real "negro" looks like. With this mentality in tact, they can now be told certain Africans aren't "black" if they don't fit that figure.

So now African people with curly or straight hair is no longer "real" black or they must be "mixed" because again "real negros" don't look like this:
This confusion allows legitimate "African" people to be white washed or erased out of history and for current people in US society largely ignored and confused.

TLDR

African Americans aren't the only "BLACK" people(whatver that means.) in the world.

A "Afro latino/latina" is just stating that they're of African descent, but they're apart of the ethnic culture that is Latin and the language and customs of that culture is what they're brought up on so that's why they seem to emphasize it. Some Afro Latinos may legit deny the afro part of them due to wanting to attach themselves to the dominant white Latin culture so they go on a "I'm not black I'm ___" spiel because they see "Black" as African American which we all know has a negative connotation to a lot of people subconsciously.

For non latin black people, the culture is seen as de-facto "Black" so people don't question it. It's why Haitians for the most part don't get really questioned on Blackness yet Dominicans do. Imagine if the French had conquered the eastern part of the island and mixed in with the African slaves in DR and instead of them speaking Spanish, Dominicans would just be speaking French or Kreyol like Haitians do today and their culture would be even more similar to each other. Nobody would be going "They not black they french". it'd be stupid because it'd contrast with Haitians who speak French.

Language =/= race =/= physical features or phenotype.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Nicole0416 I thought we was considered AA from the last topic now we gettin told we a seperate group and we are piggybacking off AA’s. Which one is it

Lord Jesus help me:dead:

Right.. lol...whether we are AA is solely dependent on the forums mood and temperament of the moment. Lord Jesus needs to save everybody from themselves...
:deadmanny:

I got a new label - AA Tempermentals. This is what the coli race and cultural historian exports can use: AADONWBSLADRNNW- (African American Descendants of Non-White Black Slaves in Latin America Dominican Republic Nationality Non Whites)
:troll:
the sheer ignorance .... :snoop: (or is it arrogance? )
- brought to you by the creators of "Divide and Conquer" white supremacy :mjpls:

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:jbhmm::sas2:

"35% of black children are in poverty, wealth gap is increasing, 150 years of us only owning 1/2 of 1% of the wealth in the world, in the richest country in the world".. and 200+ posts arguing about whose black, whose not, what skin tone belongs to who, ancestral lineages, AADOS v AA v Afro (insert country here) v "other" blacks v spanish speaking blacks v original blacks v ....
:comeon:
because progress yall...and yet no discussion on how to deal with the real enemy :coffee:

Last edited:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
You don't know what it is because you're a stupid motherfukker like I said earlier :laff:

I'm done wasting time with you. All your yapping for pages and pages yet you couldn't even provide a single quote (!) for where I "questioned" your Blackness and now you wanna make allusions about me being a cac but not accept a ban bet on it since you know you're talking out of your ass. All talk, no action nor logic. You're worth less than a pile of dog shyt. Murk yourself in whatever fashion is easiest for you, at your earliest convenience. No one will miss you.

Welcome to the ignore list
full

cot'damn whats going on in here

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who doesn't understand that the vast majority of Africans during the Maafa were taken to Latin America and did not all magically disappear after the colonial and slavery era, doesn't understand history.
Maafa? School me breh

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Maafa? School me breh

Basically, Transatlantic slavery and the destabilization of African societies and cultures, crimes against humanity, and continued legacy of oppression it entailed. It is a Kiswahili word meaning "great disaster".

Check out African Holocaust: Maafa for more history and context on the term

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
"Anyone" sounds like the one-drop rule, which it appears that the Smartphones Generation seems to be rejecting

Is "recent" last year, like Serena William's biracial baby daughter with Alexis Ohanian?

Or is recent like Halsey and her biracial dad (even though she has a white mother)?

Or, is recent like Ronda Rousey and her great-grandfather, who was a trailblazing doctor and racial leader in Canada?

ronda-rousey-grandfather-black.jpg

Serena Williams' daughter & Halsey are Black.

Their parents are Black.

Ronda Rousey's GREAT grandfather is Black.

That's not RECENT:ufdup:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Serena Williams' daughter & Halsey are Black.

Their parents are Black.

Ronda Rousey's GREAT grandfather is Black.

That's not RECENT:ufdup:

I define a recent ancestor as, basically, were they close enough in time for you to realistically or actually meet them in life. Many people meet or know their great-grandparents. He died well before Ronda was born since he died pretty early though.

I'd say my cutoff for a recent ancestor is great-grandparent or sometimes great-great-grandparent.

But when talking about it from a racial POV, the ancestry has to be recent and substantial. A singular recent African ancestor who is not your parent is definitely not enough

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
EXACTLY... this shyt is getting out of control. The acronyms, abbreviations and labels... where does this come from?? Who walks around saying that?

No disrespect to you but this subject on here is talked about to a fault - I'm not doing this, it's a recurring theme on here. I already know where this is going and it's nothing constructive about it. There's economic and social situations within black communities all of this distracts from the purpose of activism (just like the bm/bw gender divide, colorism, classism). Nothing but another tool of w.s. infiltration in order to bait and be divisive. All this politically correct shyt, terms, labels- AADOS(wtf??), Black Latino/a, Afrikan, 10%.. 20% I'm not this, I'm not that.. Like wtf is it all for. I don't deal with none of the c00ns, afric00ns, cac wanna bes or race dissenters/dividers in real life, I dont associate with anyone that denies their black identity, or anyone that thinks they have a superiority complex over AAs. There's discussions about this topic day after day, when it all does is turn into pages and pages of back and forth, with no end. I'm also tired of people using "celebrities" as some type platform for collective thought and social consciousness. idk.. Not feeling it. There's black and white.. anyone that is or wants to be white or thinks they're better than American blacks and sells out their race or cultural identity to align with the whites .. fuk them.

wth is all that supposed to mean?? wtf is a "spicy black" or "other black".. ?? .. That is so condescending. Like who cares.. if you're black then you are. Do you consider yourself black? if you have African DNA in your blood, then you racially identify as black. You're a black person that speaks Spanish.. who recognizes your Colombian cultural identity.

it was coincidental. it's not all that complex, people make it out to be like it's some type of exotic right of passage in their fantasy of delusion, as if the cacs will be so readily accepting of them for denouncing their own race. As if being black is not good enough- there has to be some cultural associations that usurps their blackness. Being black for the purposes of racial identity but disassociations from their blackness for what they perceive as cac conveniences. Or the other "could be" crowd, "people tell me I don't look black... I look like I could be (insert non AA here).. meanwhile it doesn't amount to shyt without the economic and financial alignment; they brag about what's NOT black about them as a method to fuel their dysfunctional ego. fuk these types of threads.

Fuk you . I'm black. And if you really want to get technical, how far back can you trace your ancestry ?
:jbhmm::coffee:

This. FACTS!!! All day.

Factual statement in all that you said. Edit - This is the difference between education and willful ignorance. People choose what they want to believe instead of being smart enough to analyze. The faux militants calling people not black, when ironically they're being manipulated by white supremacy in that form of racial divisions

This is what I’m saying- there is no code! the simple minded back and forth pointing out the nuances of the most menial shyt, in public settings with all the arguing. Nothing gets done, no laws are being changed, no policies are being enacted, resources are underutilized, Black people arbitrarily and systematically
Being oppressed, but yeah , classification of whose Aados (lol, wtf) and whose AA, who is “other” black, what country is Latin America is Afro this and Afro that... will solve all the problems for us...
:deadmanny: Meanwhile, like you said white people are sitting back observing the show as we destroy ourselves from within. But it gives me hope that like minded men like yourself serve as the voice of reason , lead the resistance and are in support of mental elevation.

Right.. lol...whether we are AA is solely dependent on the forums mood and temperament of the moment. Lord Jesus needs to save everybody from themselves...
:deadmanny:

I got a new label - AA Tempermentals. This is what the coli race and cultural historian exports can use: AADONWBSLADRNNW- (African American Descendants of Non-White Black Slaves in Latin America Dominican Republic Nationality Non Whites)
:troll:
the sheer ignorance .... :snoop: (or is it arrogance? )
- brought to you by the creators of "Divide and Conquer" white
supremacy :mjpls:

:jbhmm::sas2:

"35% of black children are in poverty, wealth gap is increasing, 150 years of us only owning 1/2 of 1% of the wealth in the world, in the richest country in the world".. and 200+ posts arguing about whose black, whose not, what skin tone belongs to who, ancestral lineages, AADOS v AA v Afro (insert country here) v "other" blacks v spanish speaking blacks v original blacks v ....
:comeon:
because progress yall...and yet no discussion on how to deal with the real enemy :coffee:

Mods can we finally ban this anti-AA and anti-ADOS troll :camby:

"ados wtf is that lol" :mjtf:

These agents been agenting real hard for a while now :sas2:

Intel :demonic: