Fallout over Juneteenth Flag Colors: Twitter Thread

Dre God

Immortals never hurry
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
[9³]
Black_Heritage_Flag.jpg

This the Juneteenth flag as far as I’m concerned.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Let's follow along

I am a Black person who's family came thru slavery on both sides

Is that flag supposed to represent me? Says who and when did we vote?

Flag is wack and I do not march under it.

That's what I am talking about. How and when did it get ordained and by who?
It was created in 1997 by "Boston" Ben Haith and it's 'official' because he started the National Juneteenth Association or something like that. The man ain't from Texas and never lived here to 'ordain' something the way they're acting. It's not a tradition, I never saw that flag before maybe 3 years ago.

But people were seriously coming for celebs and others necks if they posted something with the RBG :what: when it's actually been common to see in Texas on Juneteenth, for decades, but idk. That ADOS/FBA shyt has transformed people into Woke Patriots... Lineage Superheroes... Captain Americas.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We can never get it together on ANYTHING. That’s why non blacks didn’t take yesterday serious and were mad they had to take a mandatory day off.
Yep, it's fukking insane. I don't get it.

You would think it would be about time

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I was on the stream. I'm 100% in agreement on RBG being a pan african tool/propaganda and not related to the original Freedmen that Juneteenth honors.

Immigrants use RGB to assimilate into ADOS affairs.

We can't go to Nigeria or Jamaica and give them a new flag...it shouldn't be our flag.

There's a lot of sus activities by Garvey too that they revealed...it was very eye opening.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Let's follow along

I am a Black person who's family came thru slavery on both sides

Is that flag supposed to represent me? Says who and when did we vote?

Flag is wack and I do not march under it.

That's what I am talking about. How and when did it get ordained and by who?
the fact that people like you see a damn flag and get all up in arms should tell you why we can't ever get shyt moving in one direction. And using your logic, when did "we" vote on the RBG flag?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Low key feels disrespectful for a bunch of people who probably just started taking this holiday serious to come in and try to change the second it becomes official.
Folks got so excited by their lil hashtags and acronyms that they're overcompensating
He's not wrong.

Nah he's wrong. He's not from Texas, hasn't lived in Texas, never seen Juneteenth in Texas to see for decades the RBG has been present so on what grounds would he be "right"?

Y'all gotta get a grip and reconcile with the fact that you did not invent ethnic pride or how it's expressed.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks got so excited by their lil hashtags and acronyms that they're overcompensating

Nah he's wrong. He's not from Texas, hasn't lived in Texas, never seen Juneteenth in Texas to see for decades the RBG has been present so on what grounds would he be "right"?

Y'all gotta get a grip and reconcile with the fact that you did not invent ethnic pride or how it's expressed.

I'm was born and raised in Texas. I'm also a descendant of the people that were freed on June 19, 1865 and I have never seen the RBG flag present at a Juneteenth celebration until recently.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I'm was born and raised in Texas. I'm also a descendant of the people that were freed on June 19, 1865 and I have never seen the RBG flag present at a Juneteenth celebration until recently.
How long is recently? Did you see the flag they're calling 'correct' before the RBG?

I don't think anyone is saying RBG is the official flag so we're all clear. But it has been used for as long as I remember but I guess that depends on whhat kinda functions you're at. They're beef is cause they don't wanna see it at all

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

He's right that RBG or Red, Yellow and Green has nothing to do with Juneteenth, Freedman/Native Black Americans or our holidays.
Red, White and Blue are the colors and they quoted an article explaining why the creators of the Juneteenth Celebrations chose those colors.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

The Juneteenth flag is full of symbols. Here's what they mean​

(CNN)You might see another red, white and blue flag flying this weekend over state capitols and city buildings.
That banner with a bursting star in the middle is the Juneteenth Flag, a symbolic representation of the end of slavery in the United States.
The flag is the brainchild of activist Ben Haith, founder of the National Juneteenth Celebration Foundation (NJCF). Haith created the flag in 1997 with the help of collaborators, and Boston-based illustrator Lisa Jeanne Graf brought their vision to life.
The flag was revised in 2000 into the version we know today, according to the National Juneteenth Observation Foundation. Seven years later, the date "June 19, 1865" was added, commemorating the day that Union Army Maj. Gen. Gordon Granger rode into Galveston, Texas, and told enslaved African Americans of their emancipation.

The Juneteenth flag is full of symbols. Here's what they mean

The colors​

200618134536-20200618-juneteenth-flag-full-super-169.jpg

The red, white and blue represents the American flag, a reminder that slaves and their descendants were and are Americans.
June 19, 1865, represents the day that enslaved Black people in Galveston, Texas, became Americans under the law.

And while African Americans today are still fighting for equality and justice, Haith said those colors symbolize the continuous commitment of people in the United States to do better -- and to live up to the American ideal of liberty and justice for all.