Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
Lose to the redskins at home brehs
nice avi..
NAegtAr.png

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Byron Jones really is the swiss army knife of the defense, he can play CB, S, & he's playing on special teams. Skip Bayless(who i hate) just gave Shannon Sharpe that work on his show a few minutes ago:mjlol:
Yeah, he's very valuable for us.

People shytting on him for not getting turnovers like he wasn't playing a different position every other snap his entire rookie year.

Coaching staff was pulling him in 6 different directions last year and now he's only 3 games into his FS career.

There wasn't much he could do about the first TD. Miller drove him back and then hit the out-route. Within 5 yards and they're allowing him to push off like that, not much you can do...

On the 2nd TD he got slightly picked by his own LB and then stumbled towards the end.

But he's there on almost every play. It's not like he's letting his man run free. He's almost always in good position. TEs are freaks these days. 6'7 guys running 4.6s and shyt. Not sure what people expect from a 2nd year guy who's only 3 games into his position.

I think he'll improve as time goes on :skip:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, he's very valuable for us.

People shytting on him for not getting turnovers like he wasn't playing a different position every other snap his entire rookie year.

Coaching staff was pulling him in 6 different directions last year and now he's only 3 games into his FS career.

There wasn't much he could do about the first TD. Miller drove him back and then hit the out-route. Within 5 yards and they're allowing him to push off like that, not much you can do...

On the 2nd TD he got slightly picked by his own LB and then stumbled towards the end.

But he's there on almost every play. It's not like he's letting his man run free. He's almost always in good position. TEs are freaks these days. 6'7 guys running 4.6s and shyt. Not sure what people expect from a 2nd year guy who's only 3 games into his position.

I think he'll improve as time goes on :skip:
PFF has him ranked as the 4th best safety and best safety in coverage :wow:

Our safety play has been sooo much better so far. Church actually looks impressive and Wilcox has been decent :ehh:

@dtownreppin214 still not a believer :stopitslime:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Our safety play has been sooo much better so far. Church actually looks impressive and Wilcox has been decent :ehh:

I still think Church is hot garbage :ehh:

Also, when the opposing QB can go through 5 different reads on a passing play and then start his progressions all over again because the DLine isn't putting ANY pressure on him, it's kind of dumb to blame the FS for not getting INTs...

QBs out here victimizing Carr and Church and Mo and Wilcox at will for the last 3+ years but dudes in here upset that our 3 game FS isn't Ed Reed yet

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I still think Church is hot garbage :ehh:

Also, when the opposing QB can go through 5 different reads on a passing play and then start his progressions all over again because the DLine isn't putting ANY pressure on him, it's kind of dumb to blame the FS for not getting INTs...

QBs out here victimizing Carr and Church and Mo and Wilcox at will for the last 3+ years but dudes in here upset that our 3 game FS isn't Ed Reed yet[/QUOTE]

:mjlol:

I'm just asking for one turnover...:mjlol:

I don't think asking for your first round pick who can play safety and corner to get 1 turnover is to much :mjlol:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Again, opposing QBs aren't forced into making quick, rushed, questionable, or poor decisions with our flabby DLine.

We have to rely on Eli throwing the ball directly to Carr, or Cousins having an aneurysm and throwing the ball in between 3 defenders in order to generate an INT.

QBs have all day to pick apart our secondary. Guys can only cover for so long. Again, Byron is grading out very well according to PFF and yesterday was one of his few poor starts.

He'll get better. And hopefully the DLine does as well.

Most INTs are generated from the pass rush getting to the QB. When was the last time we had that luxury to help out our DBs?

2009?

Reed had Suggs, Ngata, Lewis.
Troy had all the Steelers LBs.
Earl has a great front 7.

We got Jack Crawford and Anthony Hitchens :martin:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Also, why is 1 turnover the barometer of success now?

If Eli throws the ball directly to him instead of Carr, all of a sudden Byron is a better FS than you previously thought?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

It's funny, I just got done reading PFF and how great Ramsey was yesterday. allowed 4 catches for 13 yds. who needs that tho when you got wilcox and church playing well vs brian hoyer!

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Byron Jones really is the swiss army knife of the defense, he can play CB, S, & he's playing on special teams. Skip Bayless(who i hate) just gave Shannon Sharpe that work on his show a few minutes ago:mjlol:
My thing with Byron Jones is this, the one thing folks swear he does is shut down TE's but he gave up 2 tds to the same one last night. Swiss army knife isnt bad I was just hoping for more of a playmaker