eye doctors are nothing but salesman for glasses

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Get Lasik or PRK. I go to the opthalmologist yearly to get my eyes checked. No upselling as I don't wear glasses anymore. :ahh:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Same goes for everything breh. The whole system is set up to take your money.

Car repair shops. Doctors. Dentists. Optometrists. Everyone is trying to upsell.
There was a time in school when they would reuse the same textbook for multiple years, and guess what? We still got a quality education.

Now, they come out with a new edition every single year with 99% of the same content....but you have to shell out hundreds of dollars for the latest book.

You're right though. It's everywhere.

I don't have an iPhone, but I'm certain that the latest version isn't much different than the previous one (There must be a business/marketing term for that)

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
My eye doc is this 30 something year old dark skin shorty from the islands (Grenada or the grenadines can’t remember)

The accent :noah:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
smh
went to go see an optometrist and dude kept telling me every issue I had was due to lack of glasses
thing is I see just fine, there's no need for me to read the fine prints of a box 10 feet away

after the sales pitch, I mean diagnoses, he walks me down to another room where his staff are selling prescription glasses
cheapest being $300

I walked out that bih like fuk that :camby:
I'll just grab some lubricant eye gel for my dry eye issues

all these doctors are money hungry which I don't understand, they make a decent living

Same goes for dental

A routine visit turns into an upselling attempt.
Like, why's a brother need a dentist? It's expensive
And my gums'll bleed, they do every time when he scrubs 'em clean
And every year they try to bump the fee
Plus he'll probably recommend braces (there you go) that's another G
Well thanks a lot, doc, but listen, I can brush my teeth
All on my own, so you ain't gonna hustle me

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
They're also slick, some don't want to write your PD# on the prescription. They know you're going use that info & find a better deal online 🤓

This 100% :russ: they trying to be slick as hell

but they dont know there are apps on your phone where you can measure your own PD#....and its accurate too. :leon:

I get to read thecoli with perfect vision now :wow: :ahh: :blessed:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
smh
went to go see an optometrist and dude kept telling me every issue I had was due to lack of glasses
thing is I see just fine, there's no need for me to read the fine prints of a box 10 feet away

after the sales pitch, I mean diagnoses, he walks me down to another room where his staff are selling prescription glasses
cheapest being $300

I walked out that bih like fuk that :camby:
I'll just grab some lubricant eye gel for my dry eye issues

all these doctors are money hungry which I don't understand, they make a decent living

get-flexfocal.com

Thank me later