eye doctors are nothing but salesman for glasses

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Unless you're getting very high end, made by specific companies, the vast majority of eyeglasses are made by Luxottica.

Luxottica owns pearlvision, LensCrafters, sunglass hut, sears optical, and many other opticians

Lexottica also owns...Eyemed...the optical insurance company.

This would be the equivalent of the same company owning State farm insurance, Ford and the Ford dealership, the body shop, and them telling you your car is totalled every time you get a scratch on your Mustang.

You're not wrong.
:russ: My nikka took it all the way back to Sears.

Last edited:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Good eye insurance can be less than twenty dollars a month and cover some of the price of the frames. Lens add-ons is where it gets tricky but it's worth it, after all that if you're paying more than two-hundred dollars for glasses you're doin' yourself a disservice. Paid somewhere around six-hundred for some fly frames that were a conversation piece wherever I went. If the cheapest frames you lookin' at three-hunnid...

Last year's frames were damn near free because of my insurance. I can also get the lenses on my old frames changed if I wanna....

Protect your vision.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Unless you're getting very high end, made by specific companies, the vast majority of eyeglasses are made by Luxottica.

Luxottica owns pearlvision, LensCrafters, sunglass hut, sears optical, and many other opticians

Lexottica also owns...Eyemed...the optical insurance company.

This would be the equivalent of the same company owning State farm insurance, Ford and the Ford dealership, the body shop, and them telling you your car is totalled every time you get a scratch on your Mustang.

You're not wrong.
Them motherfukkas got my info on the dark web. It was either the eyeglasses place or 1-800-contacts but it said it was through Luxottica

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Te
smh
went to go see an optometrist and dude kept telling me every issue I had was due to lack of glasses
thing is I see just fine, there's no need for me to read the fine prints of a box 10 feet away

after the sales pitch, I mean diagnoses, he walks me down to another room where his staff are selling prescription glasses
cheapest being $300

I walked out that bih like fuk that :camby:
I'll just grab some lubricant eye gel for my dry eye issues

all these doctors are money hungry which I don't understand, they make a decent living
Technically you didn't meet an eye doctor. Eye doctors make too much money charging you $3k for a visit and don't have time to peddle you $300.0 glasses.

You met an optometrist, not an eye medical doctor (opthalmologist).

Also, where is your eye insurance? It's literally the cheapest kind of insurance they make. For 4$ a month you get a free pair of glasses and visits. Compare that $48 per year with insurance, to your $300 per pair price

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
They're also slick, some don't want to write your PD# on the prescription. They know you're going use that info & find a better deal online šŸ¤“
Just walk into a walmart vision center, they'll check it for you

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Donā€™t play with your eyes bro. You need those. You could go from barely making out shyt to nothing but blurry vision. I take my vision very seriously especially with me wearing glasses pretty much my whole life. I need to be able to see being that Iā€™m a photographer and all. Good luck to you.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
smh
went to go see an optometrist and dude kept telling me every issue I had was due to lack of glasses
thing is I see just fine, there's no need for me to read the fine prints of a box 10 feet away

after the sales pitch, I mean diagnoses, he walks me down to another room where his staff are selling prescription glasses
cheapest being $300

I walked out that bih like fuk that :camby:
I'll just grab some lubricant eye gel for my dry eye issues

all these doctors are money hungry which I don't understand, they make a decent living
You can order them online cheaper. Get the exam, take the prescription and do that.

Not terribly complicatedā€¦..