Extremely Important Announcement!!

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
A lil patients fellas:heh: I know other sites had problems in the past but these admins have been:cook: for awhile. While unexpected things may come up,I'm sure they got it under control:myman: Id rather them take their time and get it right than rush and have a huge blunder. So just:whoa: and have some faith and relax. And enjoy using your personal smilies a lil while longer:naswon:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Later this week the forum will be undergoing a massive change. We will be switching to an entirely new forum software. As you probably noticed things have been running slow recently with long periods of downtime. We believe that switching to "Xenforo," a modern forum software will fix these issues as well as provide improvements to everyone's experience.

Right now we use vBulletin for our forum software and while it has been reliable for a long time it is out of date, inefficient and slow. The version that we use was originally released almost 10 years ago and since then vBulletin has released two new versions which have both been failures. Development on our version has basically stopped so there's really nothing else left for us to improve or add to The Coli.

The lead programmer who designed this version of vBulletin left the company and started his own software known as Xenforo. Xenforo is basically a modern, fast, on steroid version of what we use now. It is continuously being updated and should give us a solid foundation to continue to improve The Coli for the foreseeable future.

We're planning to do the move Thursday night but that hasn't been set in stone yet. We'll keep everyone updated but be aware that we might be down for up to 24 hours.

We've been running a test forum to make sure the software would work well for us and so far the Coli members who have used it have absolutely loved it. It's much easier to use than vBulletin and doesn't take long to learn. There's too many dope things to mention and I'll explain all the features once we make the switch but everyone is going to love the instant notifications as well as fully responsive design for easy mobile browsing.

If you have questions, ask away. I'll try to clear everything up.

One negative thing I have to mention is that there is no addon right now for personal smileys. I'd suggest that everyone backs up their smileys into a imgur.com account. Its easy as hell to insert images into a post, all you have to do is copy/paste and it inserts the image/smiley/gif automatically. We're going to try to find a programmer to code the personal smiley addon and get that and anything else we might be missing as soon as possible.

Everything will be transferred over. Posts, Threads, Daps, Usernames, Coli Cash

Update: All of our regular smileys (:gladbron: :childplease:..etc) will work. I was strictly referring to the smileys that members uploaded themselves.
I love ya'll nikkas man. @Brooklynzson :wow: :to:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Later this week the forum will be undergoing a massive change. We will be switching to an entirely new forum software. As you probably noticed things have been running slow recently with long periods of downtime. We believe that switching to "Xenforo," a modern forum software will fix these issues as well as provide improvements to everyone's experience.

Right now we use vBulletin for our forum software and while it has been reliable for a long time it is out of date, inefficient and slow. The version that we use was originally released almost 10 years ago and since then vBulletin has released two new versions which have both been failures. Development on our version has basically stopped so there's really nothing else left for us to improve or add to The Coli.

The lead programmer who designed this version of vBulletin left the company and started his own software known as Xenforo. Xenforo is basically a modern, fast, on steroid version of what we use now. It is continuously being updated and should give us a solid foundation to continue to improve The Coli for the foreseeable future.

We're planning to do the move Thursday night but that hasn't been set in stone yet. We'll keep everyone updated but be aware that we might be down for up to 24 hours.

We've been running a test forum to make sure the software would work well for us and so far the Coli members who have used it have absolutely loved it. It's much easier to use than vBulletin and doesn't take long to learn. There's too many dope things to mention and I'll explain all the features once we make the switch but everyone is going to love the instant notifications as well as fully responsive design for easy mobile browsing.

If you have questions, ask away. I'll try to clear everything up.

One negative thing I have to mention is that there is no addon right now for personal smileys. I'd suggest that everyone backs up their smileys into a imgur.com account. Its easy as hell to insert images into a post, all you have to do is copy/paste and it inserts the image/smiley/gif automatically. We're going to try to find a programmer to code the personal smiley addon and get that and anything else we might be missing as soon as possible.

Everything will be transferred over. Posts, Threads, Daps, Usernames, Coli Cash

Update: All of our regular smileys (:gladbron: :childplease:..etc) will work. I was strictly referring to the smileys that members uploaded themselves.

bk wtf Y'all doing. Playing with people emotions.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
yup.gif

cook

Banned
Daps
So hold up, is this shyt changed already or what cuz im confused as shyt lol.

na, nothings changed yet. we were in the process of changing but ran into a problem that was going to cause us to be down for about another 10 hours. Instead of doing that, we cancelled the move to fix the problem and we'll make the change tomorrow instead.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
na, nothings changed yet. we were in the process of changing but ran into a problem that was going to cause us to be down for about another 10 hours. Instead of doing that, we cancelled the move to fix the problem and we'll make the change tomorrow instead.

Explain to me breh. How will this shyt look???? Will we be shock?

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
A lil patients fellas:heh: I know other sites had problems in the past but these admins have been:cook: for awhile. While unexpected things may come up,I'm sure they got it under control:myman: Id rather them take their time and get it right than rush and have a huge blunder. So just:whoa: and have some faith and relax. And enjoy using your personal smilies a lil while longer:naswon:
:whoo: