Experts Advice: Help me get in shape Please!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
brehs,
I'm about 6'2" 258lbs right now. Really overweight. I used to be 175 until grad school in 2012, then I stopped being active and ate terribly and drank too much. Now it's March '16 and I'm trying to get to 200 by July. My workouts are 6 days a week and look similar to this:
Mon/Thurs- Chest/shoulders/45 min walk
Tues/Fri- legs and back/ Rowing or step machine
Wed/Sat- bicep/tricep/ cardio

I just turned 28. Im planning to propose on vacation in July (hence trying to slim down by then). I'm doing mostly 4x8 (and 5x5 lifts for bench and leg press). Should I be lifting more or less or more cardio? I'm also using a thermogenic, protein, and creatine for daily supplements. Any advice? Cutting out alcohol has been huge as I attribute most my :flabbynsick: to that over the past 3 years.
Loosing 58 pounds by July is almost impossible, but even if you could do it I wouldn't recommend it. You don't want all that loose skin flapping in the summer air while you're proposing, not a good look.

But if you really want to lose a lot of weight then do Insanity DVD workout. You're guaranteed to lose weight with it. But there are a few cons:
  • at your weight and shape you might get a heart attack
  • likely to get a knee/foot injury with all the jumping at your weight
  • you'll feel like a dumbass watching/following a video workout

PFranco

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HIIT cardio along with intermittent fasting will have you drop weight quick.. your energy will be gone though. Gradually adjust into things and good luck on your journey.