Experts Advice: Help me get in shape Please!

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I've changed diet. Cut out unhealthy carbs, more protein. I used to eat every night after 11 and wash down with soda or a beer before bed. It became such a routine. On days I don't lift I'm going on 4-5 mile walks right now.

Hard to run consistently at this weight. (To think, I used to be a long distance runner in track...)

Walking is cool....but getting your heart rate up will be more effective. Depending on how out of shape you are, I would mix it up...do LISS some days and HIIT on others. Until you can stand HIIT, then pretty much stick to that unless you're training for a marathon.

Also, track your calories for a couple weeks to figure out at what point/rate you're losing weight. It makes a world of difference.

Last edited:

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Because of the time frame he has, cutting it out altogether is going to be more helpful:manny:

Huh? Not to belabor the point, but this isn't the case.

If
he's consuming 2300 calories and he decides to cut out a bottle of soda out (~270) calories, then he'll be increasing his caloric deficit to 2030 and likely losing more weight over a 12-week period. But if he's consuming 2300 calories and replaces soda with some other "healthier" food, he's still consuming 2300 calories.

The point is, the caloric deficit is what matters (and to some degree, tracking macros and getting enough protein), not what he consumes.

The main issue with soda is it often leads to abuse. Same issue with cookies, candy, and chips. Hard for people to control their portions when they are eating snack type foods.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Huh? Not to belabor the point, but this isn't the case.

If
he's consuming 2300 calories and he decides to cut out a bottle of soda out (~270) calories, then he'll be increasing his caloric deficit to 2030 and likely losing more weight over a 12-week period. But if he's consuming 2300 calories and replaces soda with some other "healthier" food, he's still consuming 2300 calories.

The point is, the caloric deficit is what matters (and to some degree, tracking macros and getting enough protein), not what he consumes.

The main issue with soda is it often leads to abuse. Same issue with cookies, candy, and chips. Hard for people to control their portions when they are eating snack type foods.

Getting the macros in as well as being able to manage the hunger of the caloric deficit is where cutting them out completely will help.

Being able to eat that healthier food is going to help with feeling full longer and suffering hunger pangs less:manny:

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Getting the macros in as well as being able to manage the hunger of the caloric deficit is where cutting them out completely will help.

Being able to eat that healthier food is going to help with feeling full longer and suffering hunger pangs less:manny:

Maybe initially, but your body will adjust to the deficit regardless of which foods are consumed. This business about "healthier" food is pretty silly.

Do you really believe that eating chicken and broccoli is going to help a person feel "full longer" and not suffer from "hunger pangs?" Seriously?

Folks who are cutting are going to feel HUNGRY regardless of what they eat. There is no way around it until your body adjusts (and even then).

A guy lost hundreds of pounds eating fukking hoagies. There are people who've lost a hundred pounds eating McDonalds and Chick Fil A...and you motherfukkers are still on some, "you gotta eat chicken and rice" nonsense.

fukk outta here.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
nah breh ideally it is feasible for your weight to lose 2.5 lbs per week if you work out regularly

You need a least 23 weeks.
hes gonna fuk around and have his gallbladder taken out by losing that much weight fast. Shyt is unhealthy

Maybe initially, but your body will adjust to the deficit regardless of which foods are consumed. This business about "healthier" food is pretty silly.

Do you really believe that eating chicken and broccoli is going to help a person feel "full longer" and not suffer from "hunger pangs?" Seriously?

Folks who are cutting are going to feel HUNGRY regardless of what they eat. There is no way around it until your body adjusts (and even then).

A guy lost hundreds of pounds eating fukking hoagies. There are people who've lost a hundred pounds eating McDonalds and Chick Fil A...and you motherfukkers are still on some, "you gotta eat chicken and rice" nonsense.

fukk outta here.
yea but losing weight shouldn't be his end goal unless he's getting paid for this. End goal should be health.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

fukk outta here.

Everything you listed that those people consumed was a food not a liquid:youngsabo:

Leave that sugar water alone

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
yea but losing weight shouldn't be his end goal unless he's getting paid for this. End goal should be health.

Ignoring the obvious fact that losing weight is the #1 way he can improve his health (if you're carrying around extra stomach fat, who cares how much chicken/broccoli you're eating)...

I love when people try and tell another man what his goal should be. Dude wants to lose weight and get in shape, that's his goal. fukk what you talking about unless you're helping him achieve that goal.

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
:snoop:I should revise my goal statement. I'm not worried about if I'm 200 or not. But a size 40 in pants is not a good look. Wish I could slide back in these 34s as soon (and as healthily) as possible.
:obama:Thanks for everyone's advice thus far though. Doing more HIIT, lady friend moved our vacation to August, so I have 4 more weeks of work to get comfortable in my body.

It's been interesting, chest flab has gone down a small amount in the past 3 weeks. What's folks thoughts on weighted vests? Does it get heart rate enough during a walk? I've used a 20lb vest a few times. What about cycling?

Last edited:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Ignoring the obvious fact that losing weight is the #1 way he can improve his health (if you're carrying around extra stomach fat, who cares how much chicken/broccoli you're eating)...

I love when people try and tell another man what his goal should be. Dude wants to lose weight and get in shape, that's his goal. fukk what you talking about unless you're helping him achieve that goal.
you sound dumb. If you eat things high in cholesterol it don't matter how much you weigh. Your still gonna clog your arteries and have a heart attack or stroke later in life. OP don't listen to this idiot. If you want to lose weight please don't binge on bad foods even if it's under your calorie intake.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
you sound dumb. If you eat things high in cholesterol it don't matter how much you weigh. Your still gonna clog your arteries and have a heart attack or stroke later in life. OP don't listen to this idiot. If you want to lose weight please don't binge on bad foods even if it's under your calorie intake.

From Article
:
"his total cholesterol dropped from 249 to 190, including a 25 percent decrease in his LDL or “bad cholesterol.” Despite concerns that he was eating too much salt, Cisna said his sodium levels and blood pressure are normal."

Man loses 56 pounds after eating only McDonald's for six months

Bu bu, it's not "healthy." You're either eating carbohydrates, protein, or fat...that's it. That is how your body processes it. I'm not telling anyone to just eat McDonalds, but this idea of eating chicken and rice is just fukking ridiculous. Figure out what works for you and do that.

Trying to adhere to the perfect diet (as if there is such a thing) hurts far more people than it helps. People make one mistake and feel like it's all over. Meanwhile, most of the people pushing the "perfect diet" don't eat that bullshyt either.

nikkas on here talking about clogging arteries and being "unhealthy" while you're carrying around a bunch of excess fat. This is like complaining about a broken window while a hurricane destroys the rest of your house.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
From Article:
"his total cholesterol dropped from 249 to 190, including a 25 percent decrease in his LDL or “bad cholesterol.” Despite concerns that he was eating too much salt, Cisna said his sodium levels and blood pressure are normal."

Man loses 56 pounds after eating only McDonald's for six months

Bu bu, it's not "healthy." You're either eating carbohydrates, protein, or fat...that's it. That is how your body processes it. I'm not telling anyone to just eat McDonalds, but this idea of eating chicken and rice is just fukking ridiculous. Figure out what works for you and do that.

Trying to adhere to the perfect diet (as if there is such a thing) hurts far more people than it helps. People make one mistake and feel like it's all over. Meanwhile, most of the people pushing the "perfect diet" don't eat that bullshyt either.

nikkas on here talking about clogging arteries and being "unhealthy" while you're carrying around a bunch of excess fat. This is like complaining about a broken window while a hurricane destroys the rest of your house.
this doesn't mean shyt. You gotta break down what he was actually eating the whole time. No one is talking about a perfect diet that's why we have cheat days, and your the mofukka telling OP that he can eat fast food all day without consequences. If OP listens to you he's an idiot too

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
this doesn't mean shyt. You gotta break down what he was actually eating the whole time. No one is talking about a perfect diet that's why we have cheat days, and your the mofukka telling OP that he can eat fast food all day without consequences. If OP listens to you he's an idiot too
It says he ate nothing but McD's the whole time.