Example of how AI manipulates people on Social Media

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Comments and discussion CAN help people get perspective. Emphasis on CAN. Like someone on Twitter getting shyt on for sharing a bad take and realizing they've been sleepwalking through life on certain issues.
Nuance is the key.

If you already have your mind made on what you're gonna believe, all an AI comment will do is gratify you and make you feel not so alone.

Only way AI can really be a problem is by completely inventing some event or statement that was never made. And somehow someone acting on the false information in real life.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’m in the mountains of GA enjoying some food and beer with my fam. And I can’t help but think how I wish the world wasn’t SO technical, and more natural. Albeit I’m on the coli right now cause, well how can you not in 2024,but I enjoy simplicity and having all day to do shyt

One of my biggest goals is to go to Morocco and embrace peace. No cell phone, computer, etc. just me, some chilled humans and quiet time while eating mutton.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I believe it. sometimes on these popular videos there is always a war going on in the comments and I'm like WTF is going on here. like men against females.

People with children against people without children etc

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Breh when my mother passed away in 2017, I deleted my Facebook, IG, and Twitter. shyt felt like a sun shining over me. Even when I tried it again, I couldn't do it and ended up just deleting cold turkey. The reality is that there's no identity anymore on social media.

• You got to be beautiful despite some dime piece telling you to value your ugly
  • You got to be wealthy despite some millionaire telling you to budget
  • You got to embrace your living conditions, despite some hippy content creator living the "van life"

And then there are the fetishes like feet, leggings, and etc to programmed mindless folks to look for such trash content.

Happy families but the reality the mother is a drug addict, the husband is a drunkard womanizer, and the children are constantly being exposed for clout.

Gaming rooms that are studios to create the same content as a couple fighting over Corn Flakes.

And sadly passport gang jargon which went from exploring the world for cultural purposes, but it's all about draining your nutsack.

I'm actually excited about the overlords to fukk up the internet. Maybe heads can finally embrace the beautiful world surrounding them, instead of relying on validation from binary code featuring muppets aka content creators.

Delete everyone off my IG and follow 0 people.

When start to unfollow people in batches, IG will pump the brakes for you because they don’t want you deading your account. I finally got it done and it feels great not seeing what anyone is doing. I have to find out thru an actual person I know. I kept the account because my brehs like to send me posts from the thot of the week….. but I realize being on these platforms is messing with folks’ emotions

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One of the foundational aspects of social media, any of them, is user engagement. To encourage engagement, conflict is what does it at the highest rate.

The other foundation is IDENTITY, which you add to conflict. Conflicts centered around identity, are so addictive and so powerful, people can never stop.

men vs women, democrats vs republicans, gays vs straight, trans vs gays, gays vs bisexuals, blue collar vs white collar, privilged vs under privileged, tricks vs passport bro's, Meg the Stallion vs Tory Lanez, on and on and on. it doesn't matter what the ID is.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
My wife see's alot of divestor content on reels, all pics if BW/WM couples...Neither of us uses instagram, :flabbynsick: so she hasn't established an algorithm. But they know she's a black woman.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Breh when my mother passed away in 2017, I deleted my Facebook, IG, and Twitter. shyt felt like a sun shining over me. Even when I tried it again, I couldn't do it and ended up just deleting cold turkey. The reality is that there's no identity anymore on social media.

• You got to be beautiful despite some dime piece telling you to value your ugly
  • You got to be wealthy despite some millionaire telling you to budget
  • You got to embrace your living conditions, despite some hippy content creator living the "van life"

And then there are the fetishes like feet, leggings, and etc to programmed mindless folks to look for such trash content.

Happy families but the reality the mother is a drug addict, the husband is a drunkard womanizer, and the children are constantly being exposed for clout.

Gaming rooms that are studios to create the same content as a couple fighting over Corn Flakes.

And sadly passport gang jargon which went from exploring the world for cultural purposes, but it's all about draining your nutsack.

I'm actually excited about the overlords to fukk up the internet. Maybe heads can finally embrace the beautiful world surrounding them, instead of relying on validation from binary code featuring muppets aka content creators.
social media is just a reflection of who you already are
people saying negative things are on their timeline but its because that what they entertain
if you are into science, all science will be on your timeline
if you are into history all history
but most people are into ignorance and gossip so that is all that is on their timeline

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The most insidious things about social media are that most platforms don't include a dislike button, the algorithm autoplay, and the fact the media and responses aren't in chronological order.

Why you think YouTube pushing for destructive content, while the informative and passion driven creators have to rely on Patreon? The goal is to move like how TV used to move back in the day. There's money in molding society to acceptance of what they cannot control. You will see doom and gloom, instead of peace of mind.

You will see "drama" over unity.

The dislike button vanished because it gives people a choice and an ounce of having their own opinion. You noticed how one of the biggest campaigns many moons ago was telling a person that they are a hater because they didn't fall in line with the rest of the centipedes?

It was a beta to focus on political agenda ala a one mind one nation approach.

Hell, TikTok is pretty much banned not because of the dreadful content, but because of various forms of insightful content that could gain traction:

• The Palestine situation
  • A piece of mind from not being a working cogwheel
  • Political driven ideals that doesn't fit the narrative
Its sucks to say it, but there is a war against education and having the ability to be truly free in this country.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
people look at the comments to gain perspective, huh :francis:

Breh you forgetting how dumb the average person is. Just look at the TLR. people read a thread title, but don't take the time to actually read the overall message.

Heads focus on the TLDR, rather than reading the truth for themselves.

Thus, the main reason why writers and journalists just throw in the towel for the AI machine to take their place. Stupidity and misguidance is at a all-time high.