Ex-Soviet Leader Mikhail Gorbachev: ‘World Is Preparing for War’

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is the US and NATO that are the aggressor in all of this. Keep in mind that we are at their border and not the other way around. If WWIII pops off I think Russia will strike first due to being cornered. They will probably use most of their arsenal of nuclear weapons. All it takes is one miscalculation on NATO's part for Russia to feel threatened.
All of our lives hang in the balance of a few individuals at the top and no one wants to talk about it. In fact,the real insanity of this country, is that we are actually criticizing Trump for wanting to negotiate with Putin. The media is consistently pushing for a more aggressive approach to Russia (as if surrounding their border with WMD's isn't aggressive enough). This is completely irresponsible. I'm not fan of Trump but I'm all for peace and averting Armageddon.

Russia has been at war with the former Soviet satellites since they left and this is what they want to negotiate. Everything from their allies to sanctions to weapons sales, stems from that. They are hemmed in for a reason and Putin knows that. If they really want everyone off their backs, they need to start making good with their neighbors. This is not a right or wrong or one side of the other nor does it require the West or Donald Trump to do. The Trump shyt is PR and hoping for a stubborn western leader that will go his own way. That's why the push for right wing leaders in Western Europe and in their European satellites.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Whelp guys, stack your bread, get your passports ready.... it's gonna be a rocky 4 years...

:francis:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
It's been over 70 years since the last major war. History says we're due :francis:

I have kids in my classes openly professing to be nationalists :francis:

Yep. I've been saying this shyt for a few years now and my friends were calling me a fearmonger lol. I mean I hope I'm wrong but if we look at historical trends, that train is never late :francis:...especially in European history. After every major round there is a big sit down...treaties are signed and everyone promises never to repeat the same mistakes. But soon you have a new generation who haven't been touched by the last round feeling froggy. After the Napoleonic wars you had the Congress of Vienna to ensure long term peace. That lasted 99 years before all out war when the deficiencies of the treaty wreaked havoc on the world. Then the Versailles treaty which lasted 20 years. Now we're in the era of the UN which has lasted 70 years thus far.

You have a lot of gung ho young people who haven't experienced the horrors of war. A fukked up economy and the deficiencies of the post-colonial settlements coming back to haunt us with Syria, Iraq etc...and a geriatric billionaire who's already enjoyed his life taking us to the brink because he doesn't give a fukk....The return of the strongman: Duterte, Erdogan, Trump, Putin, Xi Jingping

Scary times indeed.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Russia has been at war with the former Soviet satellites since they left and this is what they want to negotiate. Everything from their allies to sanctions to weapons sales, stems from that. They are hemmed in for a reason and Putin knows that. If they really want everyone off their backs, they need to start making good with their neighbors. This is not a right or wrong or one side of the other nor does it require the West or Donald Trump to do. The Trump shyt is PR and hoping for a stubborn western leader that will go his own way. That's why the push for right wing leaders in Western Europe and in their European satellites.

I agree that there are no good sides. However, the massive build up on Russia's border may very likely result in another World War.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you think about it, the war never really stopped its just been one long continuous battle after battle