Ex civil rights activist Pan Africanist butchered(along side sister) in Ghana over land dispute.

Daps
Ex-Detroit Activist & Sister Slain in Ghana

Screen-Shot-2015-05-12-at-9.50.27-AM.png

Jeannette Salters of Detroit got involved in activism in the early 1970s, and it was that activism that led her to discovering her roots and moving to Ghana, as well as changing her name to Mamelena Diop. Along with Diop, other Detroiters moved to Ghana to reclaim their roots.

B9317269315Z.1_20150507210125_000_GN8ANMGOT.1-0.jpg
Detroit is now mourning the loss of one of their own. Diop and her sister, Nzinga Janna, were both found murdered near their home in Ghana. According to Ghanian online news site, Diop was 75 and her sister was 60 at the time of death. So far, two men have been arrested in connection to the murders.

“I feel terrible about what happened,” said her son, Greg Salters of Detroit. “It’s a tragedy. Words can’t even explain how I feel about my mom being taken away from her home, murdered and put in a shallow grave 300 feet from her home.”

Salters family says she was killed because people wanted the land she acquired from the government in Ghana.

“Some locals decided they wanted to take the land from them,” he said. “My mom went to court over that” and won.

“I guess the locals decided they were going to take matters into their own hands,” he said. “And they decided to abduct and murder them.”

The sisters went missing last Tuesday, and while searching their home, blood was found, as well as the object used to kill them.

“She loved that place,” said Diop’s daughter Cheryl Salters. “She loved Africa. The people were nice.”

The family is trying to raise money through GoFundMe to ship the sisters’ remains back to Detroit.

“My mother was very articulate, very into herbs and holistic medicine, eating natural,” said Cheryl Salters.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
My mom was going to fight for my grandpa's farm but ultimately decided it isn't worth it cause she knew family members would kill her over the land.

That's why she's not even sure if she wants to buy a house down there. Some wicked people.

Daps
so these coward booty scratchers bludgeon to death 2 elderly African American sisters over land in the bush they purchased then developed with their life saving but lick the boots of cacs whom own prime real estate in Ghana:what:i've seen it speculated one of the reasons they were murdered cause a local Ghanan tribal leaders took offense to them as foreigners trying to act as chiefs even as a Canadian cac is elected as chief of dozens of Ghanan villages:
Milts-portrait.jpeg

Canadian shopkeeper takes on chief's mantle in Ghana

Bespectacled and bearded, the 58-year-old looks the part of a sophisticated professor -- that is, until you see him wearing a Kente wrap and gold regalia.

And it's not Rod McLaren anymore -- he now goes by Nana Akwasi Amoako Agyeman.

"Those are names given to me (by higher-ranking chiefs in the region). They are associated with great power and not given out lightly," McLaren said in a telephone interview from Busua, on the Gulf of Guinea.

His official title is development chief or king, an appointed position overseeing the economic and social growth of 38 villages. It's a long way from his boyhood home on a farm 22 kilometres north of Maidstone. The path to royalty began after graduating from the University of Saskatchewan with an English degree. McLaren headed for Ghana in 1971 to teach English literature on a two-year contract with the Canadian development organization CUSO.

During that time he met his future wife, Comfort. He returned to Canada in 1973 and wrote her letters, not knowing they had never reached her as she had left her home village. In 1976, he went back to Ghana, found Comfort, proposed, got married and moved back to Saskatchewan, all within a few weeks.

"I was young and I was crazy and I was in love. He saved his money and travelled all the way from Canada to ask me to marry him. I couldn't possibly say no," said Comfort, whose first steps in Canada came in the middle of February.

Daps
two things most Africans in the country will kill you over. Land or political power. My condolences to this family.
so when they gone kill they cacs whom move them off their land to build hotels and villas :shaq2:from my understanding the land sold to AAs was unoccupied and the locals didn't try to claim it until those sisters built homes on/developed it...this assassination not that much different from the xenophobic attacks in SA rooted in pure jealousy,misplaced aggression, and African jungle savages acting as weapons on behalf of their cac masters against progressive black immigrant communities

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
so these coward booty scratchers bludgeon to death 2 elderly African American sisters over land in the bush they purchased then developed with their life saving but lick the boots of cacs whom own prime real estate in Ghana:what:i've seen it speculated one of the reasons they were murdered cause a local Ghanan tribal leaders took offense to them as foreigners trying to act as chiefs even as a Canadian cac is elected as chief of dozens of Ghanan villages:
Milts-portrait.jpeg

Canadian shopkeeper takes on chief's mantle in Ghana

Bespectacled and bearded, the 58-year-old looks the part of a sophisticated professor -- that is, until you see him wearing a Kente wrap and gold regalia.

And it's not Rod McLaren anymore -- he now goes by Nana Akwasi Amoako Agyeman.

"Those are names given to me (by higher-ranking chiefs in the region). They are associated with great power and not given out lightly," McLaren said in a telephone interview from Busua, on the Gulf of Guinea.

His official title is development chief or king, an appointed position overseeing the economic and social growth of 38 villages. It's a long way from his boyhood home on a farm 22 kilometres north of Maidstone. The path to royalty began after graduating from the University of Saskatchewan with an English degree. McLaren headed for Ghana in 1971 to teach English literature on a two-year contract with the Canadian development organization CUSO.

During that time he met his future wife, Comfort. He returned to Canada in 1973 and wrote her letters, not knowing they had never reached her as she had left her home village. In 1976, he went back to Ghana, found Comfort, proposed, got married and moved back to Saskatchewan, all within a few weeks.

"I was young and I was crazy and I was in love. He saved his money and travelled all the way from Canada to ask me to marry him. I couldn't possibly say no," said Comfort, whose first steps in Canada came in the middle of February.

:francis: