"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know everyone is sour on Zach, but just take a step back and think about why they are desperate to move him quickly this off-season.

Plan is to trade Zach ASAP so they can re-up with DeMar ASAP. It's fascinating how dumb this organization has been moving since Zo's injury.

The PG situation with the Clippers or Sixers could dictate where DeMar goes. Need one of those teams to pivot to him in order to prevent AK giving him 80m over 2 seasons or some shyt

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I know everyone is sour on Zach, but just take a step back and think about why they are desperate to move him quickly this off-season.

Plan is to trade Zach ASAP so they can re-up with DeMar ASAP. It's fascinating how dumb this organization has been moving since Zo's injury.

The PG situation with the Clippers or Sixers could dictate where DeMar goes. Need one of those teams to pivot to him in order to prevent AK giving him 80m over 2 seasons or some shyt

They want to โ€˜salary dumpโ€™ zach so they can resign demar & your boy p will :scust:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They want to โ€˜salary dumpโ€™ zach so they can resign demar & your boy p will :scust:
I don't think it's a given Pat is back. If they cut ties I couldn't blame them. If some team with cap space puts a poison pill contact together for him I can see the Bulls pivoting.

Plus, for where they are drafting, there will be similar archetype players available. He is an injury prone inconsistent role player.

The talent and potential is there and the fear of him blossoming elsewhere will be a thing after seeing basically every Bull do that after leaving, but he'll no longer be on a "cheap" value contract.

And that's important to have when you have DeMar making 40Ms and Vuc 20, with an eventual max extension for Caruso ๐Ÿ˜‚... Then in no time, Coby and Ayo deals will be up and they'll be significantly more expensive

The lack of vision overall is stifling.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Starting July 6, Caruso is eligible to sign a four-year, $78.8 million extension โ€” a big raise off of the $36.9 million contract he will finish out in the 2024-25 season.

The Bulls took calls on Caruso, but never made them. According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bulls have received offers from multiple teams, consisting of multiple protected first-round picks. One of those deals included a pick in the top-10 of the 2024 Draft, the source said. The Golden State Warriors were among teams who made a strong offer for Caruso, multiple sources confirmed.

Ultimately, they declined.

Internally, the Bulls party line was that they would have to start searching for a Caruso replacement from the moment they traded him. That may have been fine in a rebuild, which lead executive Arturas Karnisovas admitted ownership supported.

However, the source indicated that there was a mandate from the Reinsdorfs to fight for the Playoffs. That, no doubt, impacted the front officeโ€™s decision making when it came to pulling the trigger on any Caruso deal.