Everyday Life in an Early West African Empire

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Good thread, op. Not everyone is ready or understands what this history means for black people. I tried telling my family about ancient Africa and they pretty much didn't care either. Some people are just absorbed with their own lives and don't care about our history. There's a huge thread on this topic this with images and info on city-data detailing all of the African empires. It opened my eyes to the numerous accomplishments of African people outside of Ancient Egypt.

Here's the thread.

Ancient African Civilizations 101 (country, influence, dating, travel) - City-Data Forum

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
When people try to absolve the European of any wrong doing because “we sold ourselves” whip out article 20 of the Manden Kurufaba’s constitution:

20. “Do not ill treat the slaves. You should allow them to rest one day per week and to end their working day at a reasonable time. You are the master of the slaves but not of the bag they carry.”

One of our own nation’s charters shows how we treated slaves. This doesn’t mean every nation in West Africa did the same but the burden if proof is on the European.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll check it out thx breh also was anything popping in south africa pre cacs?

Yup. South Africa actually has some of the earliest pieces of evidence of human civilization anywhere on earth. They found artifacts in a cave in South Africa dating back 164,000 years. Earliest evidence for modern human behavior found in South African cave

Also there is evidence of huge cities in South Africa in the very ancient past: 200 000 year old city found in Southern Africa may rewrite history

The extreme racism of whites in South Africa has held back a lot of research into South Africa but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the key to all of human history. There seems to be a lot of amazing stuff that happened down there in ancient times.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Yup. South Africa actually has some of the earliest pieces of evidence of human civilization anywhere on earth. They found artifacts in a cave in South Africa dating back 164,000 years. Earliest evidence for modern human behavior found in South African cave

Also there is evidence of huge cities in South Africa in the very ancient past: 200 000 year old city found in Southern Africa may rewrite history

The extreme racism of whites in South Africa has held back a lot of research into South Africa but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the key to all of human history. There seems to be a lot of amazing stuff that happened down there in ancient times.
I always found south africa to be unique from the rest of africa thx for the info breh did south africa have any major empires in ancient times like west/north africa?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always found south africa to be unique from the rest of africa thx for the info breh did south africa have any major empires in ancient times like west/north africa?

Most likely. But like I said, research into that region has been limited. I'm guessing the racist cacs down there found some amazing shyt and have been hiding it. More research needs to be done but that 200,000 year old city looks to be amazing. It would totally rewrite history.

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
Y'all some c00ns. :snoop:

I make an informative thread about West African Kingdoms and yall ain't discussing this shyt.

The information in this video talks about West Africans in the year 1000 AD writing checks to one another as a form of payment. The existence of checks means the existence of a banking system in medieval West Africa.
You make this thread every day my g

Safe

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Watched this twice. The way he calmly and eloquently explains exactly how we ended up in this situation in regards to our history was just so amazing and refreshing. Dap + rep. It hurts my soul to think about all the history we will never learn about ourselves. I just know there is a ton of mind-blowing earth shattering revelations just waiting to be discovered, yet it may never come to light. :mjcry:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Book is out of stock everywhere! Sent one of the authors an email. Hopefully he has some extras.

Perhaps this time around as we rebuild and gain wealth we should put more energy into protection and security.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Good thread, op. Not everyone is ready or understands what this history means for black people. I tried telling my family about ancient Africa and they pretty much didn't care either. Some people are just absorbed with their own lives and don't care about our history. There's a huge thread on this topic this with images and info on city-data detailing all of the African empires. It opened my eyes to the numerous accomplishments of African people outside of Ancient Egypt.

Here's the thread.

Ancient African Civilizations 101 (country, influence, dating, travel) - City-Data Forum

Ahh City-Data...I wonder what asinine shyt the cacs over there had to say in that thread :mjpls: