"Every phone call you make is recorded, saved and stored.......

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Stop the nonsense gents. The Government has no interest in listening to your casual phone calls. All of the analysis and mining is highly monitored, if you work for a three-letter agency and choose to use Government systems to get your rocks off, chances are you will land in jail.

No one trying to ruin their life and career to listen to random strangers have phone sex. I know you all think you're doing big things, but unless you're into terrorism or harming the United States, they don't give a shyt.

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, y'all mad :umad:.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If they have EVERYBODY'S stuff, you really think they're going to take the time to actually listen to YOU?

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
My original post was based off of what the article was stating and what the director of the facility was quoted to have said. I don't know their true intentions or what they can realistically monitor and store but based off the money they are putting into that facility they have some lofty goals. Just to play devils advocate for a moment audio compression has advanced quite a bit so storing the average phone call for a given period of time wouldn't be much of an issue.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Everything is recorded. They have basically bottomless storage databases, that they store this stuff on. All communications in America are recorded by the government period.

They don't have the manpower to actually monitor every single phone call. but every single thing you've said on a phone or typed in a email, since like 1999 is stored on a massive database. They can go back and search for whatever they want, whenever they want.

Sure it's not permissible in most cases to use this stuff in court, but it can lead them right to you.

Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com

Keep selling dope on that iphone though :jawalrus:

exactly what i was about to post.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Stop the nonsense gents. The Government has no interest in listening to your casual phone calls. All of the analysis and mining is highly monitored, if you work for a three-letter agency and choose to use Government systems to get your rocks off, chances are you will land in jail.

No one trying to ruin their life and career to listen to random strangers have phone sex. I know you all think you're doing big things, but unless you're into terrorism or harming the United States, they don't give a shyt.

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, y'all mad :umad:.

yeah but the potential for abuse is most definitely staring us right in the face.
let's not act like people don't abuse power...this is a very powerful tool.
one day some clown with a small dikk is gonna be like "you know what?" :patrice: "let me get my listen on real quick."

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
yeah but the potential for abuse is most definitely staring us right in the face.
let's not act like people don't abuse power...this is a very powerful tool.
one day some clown with a small dikk is gonna be like "you know what?" :patrice: "let me get my listen on real quick."

:snoop:
1366215291_641fcffad4e8fa6a2abec3da6af71d66.gif

The fukk are you even talking about?