Every other commercial on Hulu has overweight Black women in it

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It's what I call 'diversity calculus' they need to tick the boxes and they're trying to do it as lazily and quickly as possible.

Put an overweight black woman in your ad who has an androgynous white partner and you've satisfied multiple conditions:
Representing women?✅
Representing 'people of color'?✅
Representing different body sizes✅
Representing alphabet gang✅

They can lazily point to that ad to show how committed they are to 'raising up marginalized people '

While the workplace looks like this:
OIP.6d3s8TOEf3nu7NZSURGmvwHaFc

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
It's what I call 'diversity calculus' they need to tick the boxes and they're trying to do it as lazily and quickly as possible.

Put an overweight black woman in your ad who has an androgynous white partner and you've satisfied multiple conditions:
Representing women?✅
Representing 'people of color'?✅
Representing different body sizes✅
Representing alphabet gang✅

They can lazily point to that ad to show how committed they are to 'raising up marginalized people '

While the workplace looks like this:
OIP.6d3s8TOEf3nu7NZSURGmvwHaFc
And a quick look at some stats (most obese group in America, women wanting realistic depictions of them and not some starving model) and you get the current situation. :manny:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

I’ve been saying this for years. It’s way deeper than ticking boxes. The perpetuation of single black mothers, interracial couples and overweight black women is all by design. But keep calling those of us who call it out “misogynists”.

The commercial in question.

How can you watch this and not see how obvious this agenda is? :gucci:

Last edited:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been saying this for years. It’s way deeper than ticking boxes. The perpetuation of single black mothers, interracial couples and overweight black women is all by design. But keep calling those of us who call it out “misogynists”.

The commercial in question.

How can you watch this and not see how obvious this agenda is? :gucci:

It's an underhanded condemnation of Black women under the guise of diversity.
Stand this representation of Black women next to the Thot Rapper and the picture should come into focus more.