Ever establish a real friendship through online gaming?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Also this is a BIG reason why I've stayed with Xbox, I could care less about their sales, could care less about what ever single player weebo exclusive PS4 just released, none of it is able to beat being able to hope on the newest online game and wreck shyt with the same squad after all these years
:wow:This.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Also this is a BIG reason why I've stayed with Xbox, I could care less about their sales, could care less about what ever single player weebo exclusive PS4 just released, none of it is able to beat being able to hope on the newest online game and wreck shyt with the same squad after all these years
Yo whole squad some broke bums

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I met most of my college buddies through gaming and hooping at the intramural.

If you was trying to showcase your skill on Smash Bros. Melee at Tech you come to room 1125 in Neilson Hall.

:wow:The battles I had there

The brothas in Neilson Hall couldn’t be fukked with on Gears, Smash, Madden, Fight Night, or McV2.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Back when Super Smash Bros. came out, I joined a smash group with some really cool members. From that time to now, I have played so many ps4 games with these group of guys. From fps to fighting games, we always talk about whats happening in our lives and so on. I hoping to be cool with @Sypress but since he's a PC guy and a Laura main, we are forever rivals :demonic:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I still only play games with people I met in Starcraft in 1998/1999...its a group of about 6 of us, talk almost every day and I will only buy a game if they buy it, etc. 90% of my game time in Destiny 2 is with 1 of em :heh:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Got tons of friendships I made through online gaming. From playing people in MSN pool back in the day to when Rock Band first came out and you could search for folks to play songs and game chat.

The friends I made and met in Rockband we're mainly folk that added me because we had similar download lists and I could play guitar/Bass on expert for the most part. Kept in touch with most of 'em but they most all went away as the series shifted and waned.

Made a few friends playing Uno on XBL and we still chat from time to time but the last, great friendship I made online was a cat from Detroit that I met in game chat on COD4 I think? After spending damn near the whole night just drinking and talking shyt.

I met a Ton of his friends on there and their friends but over the years alot of 'em either stopped playing or deleted me but me and him been consistent save for a few.

I remember the wife of one of them dudes used to hop on his shyt and play when he was at work and he'd come home and argue about his dropping Kill/Death until he went and made an account for her so she could run with us.

She stayed getting the Squad UAV's since she wasn't that good and the one time she managed to get an AC130 from a care package we guarded so she could come back to it, she practically screamed out ears off, she was so fukking happy. :russ:

I think it was MW3 where shyt took a turn and and dude and his wife wasn't on as much but the Detroit cat (They all lived in Detroit) and me stayed playing/getting drunk on weekends until he told me about her condition that used to have her breathing so damn hard on the Mic at times.

Started getting invites to play Peggle from her and we'd communicate through XBL texts since she was on Oxygen'n'shyt and could hardly speak.

Then one day after a match she wrote me this long text about thanking me for playing with her despite her always sending invites to me when I was playing other shyt and what's not. I said it was no prob and asked how she was doing and all then she hit me with one text. "Hospice.................. yeah."
:sadbron:

shyt had me fukked up for a bit and we all talked about it during the weekend when I told 'em I knew about it so we (they really) all decided to cop one of those mobile routers to take to the hospice so she could play a bit more.

shyt was somber for a minute until she got a care package and started wheezing into the Mic laughing. :pachaha:

I declined the funeral pics her husband had taken and instead just kept the ones off her and me playing Peggle for days, of which he thanked me profusely for 'cause it made her happy and kept her mind off the inevitable. Still got her on my friends list too.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how do ya'll make friends online through gaming? you talk to them in a chatroom or on the phone? but you never really meet or seen each other? they aint your real friends brehs

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Met one of my best friends in 2002 on fukkin Neopets. We terrorized that website, got a cease and desist letter sent to my home. :wow: