Ethiopia Rising Again Firmly

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Ethiopia…Rising Again Firmly
29d1713b-8915-6504.jpg
Addis Ababa – Images of poverty, exporting refugees, crisis, hunger and disease all revolved around my mind prior to my first longest trip to Ethiopia.
But to my complete surprise, some of the negative stereotypes painted in my mind about the dire living conditions in Ethiopia have all gone upon our arrival by land at the border region of Mattama as part of Sudanese media delegation to the country ready to become acquainted with the Renaissance Dam and green development.
It appeared to me at first glance that life and jumping over the walls of development were one in the same.
Ethiopia is resurrecting and coming back strongly in a breath-taking pace to achieve a good standard of living for its people.
To do so, Ethiopia opted to implement a green economy to bring about development and relying on solid basis, in addition to tapping its water resources by constructing a set of dams to produce electric energy to achieve the Millennium Goals.
Ethiopia enjoys many natural assets, green mountainous lands which require its people to work the soil in a traditional fashion by using bulls, donkeys, besides investing in flat lands to alleviate poverty.
We saw with our very eyes local peasants beat and break rocks in order to cultivate and produce fruit tirelessly. There are also natural reserves and hunting activities to the benefit of the local inhabitants of each respective region, free from taxes imposed by the capital.
Agriculture in Ethiopia is one of the natural riches people depend on in all the regions we went to, east, west, north and south.
There is fishing, skillful wood and leather works in beautiful shapes used in daily life and as means of earning by the poor, who scatter over the land once they open their eyes early in the morning in search of their fortunes and food. Women work side by side with men in every trade be it construction, farming or driving rental cars.
We learnt that the school day starts in the evening to allow pupils to help their parents and families in the morning. We also learnt that the government passed tough legislations prohibiting the unlawful cutting of trees to preserve the environment, despite Ethiopian's heavy reliance on charcoal more than a gas stove in their daily life.
There is a shortage of medical personnel, despite the country being a top tourist country; it is in desperate want of doctors to bring about a balance between its rapid development and the need to maintain people and animal health and education. If that is achieved, Ethiopia will undoubtedly become a booming tourist magnet in a few years and may well exceed China in the Renaissance Dam.
Ethiopian people are noted for their tolerance of others. They are said to have hearts of gold. They love renewable life, always smiling despite the poor conditions some are living under. However, the captivating natural beauty and cool weather are enough to supply them with more patience until happiness and joy come, taking into account the question of development and orientation to energy production which has become a major priority in addition to the Renaissance Dam Project - one of biggest dams in Africa and ranked tenth internationally.
The government has not only included water in its strategic plans, but banks on it for development, hence the priority given to the energy production project. Ethiopia seeks to reap numerous benefits from erecting the Dam in question, namely resuscitating tourism, trade, navigation, establishing a natural museum at the Dam, fishing in addition to regional and international benefits from exporting electricity; apart from producing and 6,000 megawatts for domestic consumption, an indicative of a boom in industry.
The water running down the sloppy mountains depicts a charming landscape. It is commonplace to see many animals such as monkey's sharing fruit with man, especially mango, orange, lemon, banana and papaya, the type of fruits which Ethiopia has in abundance. The smell of coffee seems to be all over the place in addition to the fragrance of flowers that grow naturally.
There are growing ambitions here to utilize these riches and blessings which are as invaluable as gold and oil, but marketing them internationally is lacking. As for fruits, they hardly find their way outside the country's borders and remain only consumed locally.
Ethiopia does, however, export flowers but needs better promotion and marketing to compete internationally.
Ethiopia, with its capital Addis Ababa literally translating to 'The New Flower', is landlocked by Djibouti and Eritrea to the east, Eritrea, north, Sudan, north-west, South Sudan, west-south and Kenya, south-west.
It is a country focusing on green economy for the development its people, clearly evident with the construction of the Renaissance Dam, to which all financial capabilities and popular contributions are allocated…its resuscitation.

http://news.sudanvisiondaily.com/details.html?rsnpid=238302

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I love some of the developments but brehs still got shyt to fix. Politics based on ethnicity is a dangerous game that the country shouldn't play.

What has the situation in Ethiopia been like post Zenawi? Im assuming Party apparatchiks still in power, old establishment types?

Is it just a political party in power with a facade of democracy? What is the role of the Ethiopian army? Is it pretty much Zenawis old rebel group? Or is it somewhat inclusive of other segments of society?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
What has the situation in Ethiopia been like post Zenawi? Im assuming Party apparatchiks still in power, old establishment types?

Is it just a political party in power with a facade of democracy? What is the role of the Ethiopian army? Is it pretty much Zenawis old rebel group? Or is it somewhat inclusive of other segments of society?

The country is advancing rapidly and they've been dedicated to reforestation and green energy and to that the govt deserves credit. To be honest I can't fully speak on it since I haven't learned all the ins and outs. Ethiopian politics from this side of the ocean is vastly different from in Ethiopia itself. But it's a lot of ethnic tension brewing between the 3 main dominant groups and I think that makes the regime hold a much less democratic stance when it comes to opposition parties. From what I can see it's inclusive with regards to building up the country and getting into the business sector, hell the PM is from a small tribe to the south and not from one of the traditional power holding tribes. But yeah, the govt is pretty much the Zenawi regime rolled over from what I can tell. It's certain shyt you can't say/do out there because the police are fully militarized with AKs and helmets, so it's freedom except when it comes to criticizing the status quo which is why Ethiopian politics in America is so rife with opinions.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i just came back from over there. people mad friendly. addis is dusty as shyt tho, a nikkas mucus was literally black :scusthov: will have to go back to further explore bole though :banderas:

saw they buildin up the freeway system and all that. the country was nice too. lalibela, bahir dar, the mountains

overall it gets a :obama: next time i go back i wanna learn the language, some nikkas thought i was from there i was like :whoa: might have some ethio blood in the family lines :whoo:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
i just came back from over there. people mad friendly. addis is dusty as shyt tho, a nikkas mucus was literally black :scusthov: will have to go back to further explore bole though :banderas:

saw they buildin up the freeway system and all that. the country was nice too. lalibela, bahir dar

overall it gets a :obama: next time i go back i wanna learn the language, some nikkas thought i was from there i was like :whoa: might have some ethio blood in the family lines :whoo:

Bole the shyt, did you hit up Chechnya at night? :shaq:

How long you stay out there? You lucky as shyt you got to see Lalibela tho I still ain't go to the ancient sites yet. Next time I go I'ma try to see all the major sites, last time I only went to the resort areas and where the repatriated rastas live at.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bole the shyt, did you hit up Chechnya at night? :shaq:

How long you stay out there? You lucky as shyt you got to see Lalibela tho I still ain't go to the ancient sites yet. Next time I go I'ma try to see all the major sites, last time I only went to the resort areas and where the repatriated rastas live at.
lol i think i heard that mentioned, but never went. we were mostly out in the country, gondar. the university had its 60th year anniversary. its a nice country

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
lol i think i heard that mentioned, but never went. we were mostly out in the country, gondar. the university had its 60th year anniversary. its a nice country

lol, Chechnya is where the hoes at off Bole Rd cuz its got clubs and bars in that section. If you walk around there at night especially on a weekend its nothin but bad bytches everywhere. That's cool you got to go to the countryside that's the best part imo cuz you really feel alive, shyt is good for the soul. I wanna go to Gondar to buy goods from the Jews and listen to folklore from them. It's so many cool things to see in Ethiopia if you're into history. I'm glad you had a good time tho, I can't imagine you was out there too long tho.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
lol, Chechnya is where the hoes at off Bole Rd cuz its got clubs and bars in that section. If you walk around there at night especially on a weekend its nothin but bad bytches everywhere. That's cool you got to go to the countryside that's the best part imo cuz you really feel alive, shyt is good for the soul. I wanna go to Gondar to buy goods from the Jews and listen to folklore from them. It's so many cool things to see in Ethiopia if you're into history. I'm glad you had a good time tho, I can't imagine you was out there too long tho.
oh my b lol it was like 2 weeks. definitely have to go back for longer. food was good too but my stomach had to get used to it so i stayed on that european food or italian. also learned about all the messed up stuff the italians did :scusthov:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
oh my b lol it was like 2 weeks. definitely have to go back for longer. food was good too but my stomach had to get used to it so i stayed on that european food or italian. also learned about all the messed up stuff the italians did :scusthov:

Yeah 2 weeks ain't shyt, hell a month ain't even enough if you got the right guide.

Injera is best in Ethiopia, the stuff in America doesn't hold a candle to the back home stuff. But I know what you mean, the Italian food was a good way to keep the pace different so I wouldn't get fukked over. The one thing out there that I missed was chinese carryouts, for all those Chinese people coming thru they sure are being greedy on the beef & broccoli. :beli:

Don't get me started on the Italians. Love their food, cars, and many of them are genuinely great people....but their ancestors did some fukked up shyt. My grandfather and great grandfather on my fathers side was guerillas against the Italians in those times...the stories are savage as hell. :merchant:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

saw they buildin up the freeway system and all that. the country was nice too. lalibela, bahir dar, the mountains

I'm not buying it.

I have a friend that was JUST over there doing AID work and I even talked to her on Skype. The place is in a major rut right now.