Esports Boxing - Because we all know Fight Night ain’t coming back

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Is there any strategy to boxing games? Seems like yo reflexes gotta be crazy good

Yea

I still play fight night champion..some of my strategies are

Letting my opponent tire himself out if he’s aggressive from jump

Slipping a punch hitting him with jabs & hooks early, and hitting him with the power haymaker late in the fight. Counter punches are kinda OP with the power modifier button

Throwing hella body shots cause a lot of dudes online don’t block low

Throw a few jabs then make my opponent chase me around the ring. nikkas be pissed..they start doing stupid shyt then light they ass up :bryan:

Most important Thing though is probably reflexes like you said.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
One thing that I’ve noticed from watching videos is that one of the reasons the punches don’t feel like they’re impactful is due to there being no camera manipulation on contact …in fightnight EA did a great job of engaging the players equilibrium senses and capturing that in ring immersion by throttling the camera in a jarring rumble whenever there was contact ..not just on big punches either but all blows and the camera would throttle more dramatically depending on how big and how flush that punch was landed …

If they don’t add something like tht it’s going to be really hard for the game to not feel super stiff and deadpan …you have to sell the blows in a video game and make the user feel like there’s a payoff and the cinematography element needs to be present to do that …you can see the difference below

fight-night-fight-night-champion.gif

Camera is literally exploding at you on this knockdown

RevolvingFondBighornsheep-size_restricted.gif

Another example where the first blow from black trunks was a power strike and the camera reacted accordingly..but when Ali returned the death blow the whole room shook … you gotta have that on these kinds in combat games or else they’ll feel dry

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
One thing that I’ve noticed from watching videos is that one of the reasons the punches don’t feel like they’re impactful is due to there being no camera manipulation on contact …in fightnight EA did a great job of engaging the players equilibrium senses and capturing that in ring immersion by throttling the camera in a jarring rumble whenever there was contact ..not just on big punches either but all blows and the camera would throttle more dramatically depending on how big and how flush that punch was landed …

If they don’t add something like tht it’s going to be really hard for the game to not feel super stiff and deadpan …you have to sell the blows in a video game and make the user feel like there’s a payoff and the cinematography element needs to be present to do that …you can see the difference below

Another example where the first blow from black trunks was a power strike and the camera reacted accordingly..but when Ali returned the death blow the whole room shook … you gotta have that on these kinds in combat games or else they’ll feel dry
good observation

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

The stun camera does have that zoom effect in Undisputed...

I have the camera shyt turned off in FNC and punches in that game still look more impactful than Undisputed...

Overall punch animations just seem off especially uppercuts which are all arm, zero lower body...

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna have to practice this shyt once it comes out cause I'm trash at this shyt while I enjoy the fight night games I never dived to deep into it or tried to get better at them. I will definitely get better at this one though.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what it is but at least today it doesn't seem like the game is super responsive to me. my combinations weren't going through and it felt really stiff with how you can't really move and punch at the same time. Plus when you hurt someone the attacker seems at a disadvantage because while they are dazed they can just run away and you move alot slower than they do and you can't really throw punches in a quick succession to take advantage of them being dazed.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Power jabs are broken. They have a lot of stopping power and snap your opponent's head back if you catch them coming in/on the counter. That's good and how I think regular jabs should be because the regular jabs are pretty useless right now, but they also do tons of damage and barely use any stamina at all. I get more rocks and knockdowns with jabs than I do with CLEAN right-hand bombs with Wilder. I came across a guy that just spammed it hundreds of times and was annoying af to deal with.

They also need a feint button with feints blended smoothly into other animations. Punch animations randomly stopping abruptly when I didn't want them too is annoying af.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movement is hands down the best in the history of sports games, the fighters actually take steps and not glide like in EA's bullshyt games.

The stun state is hilarious how are you rocked but get a speed boost :pachaha: they also need to add punching while moving