ESPN’s Cari Champion Promoted To ‘SportsCenter’ Anchor

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I doubt that. She does have a little notoriety thanks to FT and the Artie Lange stuff. She's already hosted a few SC's early this year and going by her instagram, she always seems to be hanging out with Linda Cohn and Hanna Storm oh their off days. Cari been working both of them to get into SC i think and she would be the only full-time black woman on SC. Sage doesn't do it anymore and everyone else are correspondents for football it seams. SC's producers are going to love those full body shots of Cari in some designer dress as she introduces a story and they hope the black dudes in the audience will to...
Nobody came to her defense after the AL incident and her hanging with those 2 doesn't mean a damn thing, she will be lucky if she can reach Jay Crawford status. I wish her the best but i feel like it won't be long before we have a thread saying "Cari Champion Gone".

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Nobody came to her defense after the AL incident and her hanging with those 2 doesn't mean a damn thing, she will be lucky if she can reach Jay Crawford status. I wish her the best but i feel like it won't be long before we have a thread saying "Cari Champion Gone".
Just heard her announcement. She's hosting a new morning show starting next February. ESPN seems to be trying to personalized these SC's during the day with SVP getting his own version and now with Cari getting her own version in the morning...

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Boy to be pretty. Happy for the sista but she got no talent like all them fake blond bimbos on that network.

Guess all them tight dresses and Rick James wigs paid off looking like eye candy.

Guess it could be worse. They could have made aunt Jemelle a sports center anchor with her angry mad at the world cause god gave her that light skin but made her ugly.
:russ::russ::russ:

Bakebean

Pro
Daps
11201798_104000313266597_1254117028_n.jpg

Can we maybe get Taylor Rooks??

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just heard her announcement. She's hosting a new morning show starting next February. ESPN seems to be trying to personalized these SC's during the day with SVP getting his own version and now with Cari getting her own version in the morning...
Well good luck to her.

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
call me crazy but i'd consider this a step down. first take is more high profile imo than being part of the sportscenter rotation. look at how irrelevant jay crawford has become since he left first take.

SportsCenter gig comes with a significant pay increase I would think. It also is the next step before working for ABC directly. Something that is probably Cari's ultimate goal.