ESPN’s Cari Champion Promoted To ‘SportsCenter’ Anchor

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
she doesn't know shyt about sports

She fits right in as anchor

:russ:

She fits the narrative, negro bed wench, anti black male, older....

Shes at the age which the eye candy factor is slowing fading away. She really has no other move to make and she hates Stephen a Smith.

She's gonna push those anti black male talking points, listen to her podcast.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
call me crazy but i'd consider this a step down. first take is more high profile imo than being part of the sportscenter rotation. look at how irrelevant jay crawford has become since he left first take.

But theres ALOT of people, especially the media types, who look at First Take as a joke/gimmick of a show. If she's one of those I wanna be taken seriously as a journalist/media personality she's probably dying to get away from them two goofballs no matter how popular the show is.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yeah he told the story once

first take had fired Jay Crawford and was looking for a female host in replacement and Stephen A didn't want a typical white girl...

I cant remember if he hand selected Cari specifically , but i know he did made sure that it was woman of color that was taking over as the moderator..

They FIRED Jay Crawford? Why? I thought he just got promoted to sportscenter and had to bounce?

Don't she got a half white daughter?

That's Sage "no negros" Steele.

Still don't know where y'all getting this Cari is a sellout stuff from. Girl is an annoying, attention whore and that's why I don't like her, but I never read anything about her dating white dudes.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're probably going to grab a no name again, I doubt anyone with a profile already attached to their name wants to be associated with that circus on a fulltime basis

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
They FIRED Jay Crawford? Why? I thought he just got promoted to sportscenter and had to bounce?

Fired may be a strong word.. But they definitely wanted to move in a different direction with the show.: Female moderator; Wale theme song, change of set/format.. Got rid of Scoop Jackson ect ect

And the show has reached new heights ever since.

I don't really see how sports center is a promotion tho

SAS used to be on Sports Center, and now he has his own show so was that a demotion?

Truth is Cari Champion is probably making about the same amount of money.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
ESPN still thinks Sportscenter is the premier show on the network. Espnnews made it irrelevant to me the second it was invented.

Now with the internet...no reason to ever watch

So to the audience Cari and SVP taking an L

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
But theres ALOT of people, especially the media types, who look at First Take as a joke/gimmick of a show. If she's one of those I wanna be taken seriously as a journalist/media personality she's probably dying to get away from them two goofballs no matter how popular the show is.
The problem with that is First Take dominates mornings for ESPN, nobody checks for Sportscenter until the 3pm-12am hours so it does seem like a demotion. Personally i think they're slowly going to get rid of her by the end of the year, she was protected because SAS & Skip did all the heavy lifting on the show while she annoyingly chimed in with her opinions. She said she's doing mornings to "get her feet wet" but i think that's where they have her slotted to stay, because Hannah Storm does the afternoon spots & Linda Cohn does the evening spot and they're not sharing their time with any other chick.
Fired may be a strong word.. But they definitely wanted to move in a different direction with the show.: Female moderator; Wale theme song, change of set/format.. Got rid of Scoop Jackson ect ect

And the show has reached new heights ever since.

I don't really see how sports center is a promotion tho

SAS used to be on Sports Center, and now he has his own show so was that a demotion?

Truth is Cari Champion is probably making about the same amount of money.
The same amount she was making before or the same amount as SAS? If you think she's making as much as Skip & SAS:russ::dead:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The problem with that is First Take dominates mornings for ESPN, nobody checks for Sportscenter until the 3pm-12am hours so it does seem like a demotion. Personally i think they're slowly going to get rid of her by the end of the year, she was protected because SAS & Skip did all the heavy lifting on the show while she annoyingly chimed in with her opinions. She said she's doing mornings to "get her feet wet" but i think that's where they have her slotted to stay, because Hannah Storm does the afternoon spots & Linda Cohn does the evening spot and they're not sharing their time with any other chick

I doubt that. She does have a little notoriety thanks to FT and the Artie Lange stuff. She's already hosted a few SC's early this year and going by her instagram, she always seems to be hanging out with Linda Cohn and Hanna Storm oh their off days. Cari been working both of them to get into SC i think and she would be the only full-time black woman on SC. Sage doesn't do it anymore and everyone else are correspondents for football it seams. SC's producers are going to love those full body shots of Cari in some designer dress as she introduces a story and they hope the black dudes in the audience will to...