Erika Lee, white woman that started the anti-Haitian hate train, apologizes for spreading fake news

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — The woman behind an early Facebook post spreading a harmful and baseless claim about Haitian immigrants eating local pets that helped thrust a small Ohio city into the national spotlight says she had no firsthand knowledge of any such incident and is now filled with regret and fear as a result of the ensuing fallout.

“It just exploded into something I didn’t mean to happen,” Erika Lee, a Springfield resident, told NBC News on Friday.

Lee recently posted on Facebook about a neighbor’s cat that went missing, adding that the neighbor told Lee she thought the cat was the victim of an attack by her Haitian neighbors.

Newton told Newsguard that Lee’s Facebook post misstated her story, and that the owner of the missing cat was “an acquaintance of a friend” rather than her daughter’s friend. Newton could not be reached for comment.

Lee said she had no idea the post would become part of a rumor mill that would spiral into the national consciousness. She has since deleted the Facebook post.

:unimpressed: meanwhile

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
A midwestern white woman publicly lying on recent Black arrivals to the community who are there to work and searching for a better life?

Sounds oddly familiar :jbhmm:

But in all seriousness 100 years ago it wouldn't be eating pets it would have been raping white woman/white babies and the local inbred white population, stirred ina frenzy by lies and propaganda, would have commited genocide on the Black community. Aided and abeded by the police, firemen, and military.

The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
A midwestern white woman publicly lying on recent Black arrivals to the community who are there to work and searching for a better life?

Sounds oddly familiar :jbhmm:

But in all seriousness 100 years ago it wouldn't be eating pets it would have been raping white woman/white babies and the local inbred white population, stirred ina frenzy by lies and propaganda, would have commited genocide on the Black community. Aided and abeded by the police, firemen, and military.

The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.
Ku_Klux_Klan_on_parade%2C_Springfield%2C_Ohio.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The white woman strikes again. Their lies are a direct threat to Black men.

This reminds me of when I went to an afrocentric private school. They took us on a school trip to see the film Rosewood. We were 9 and hadn't really interacted with white ppl yet. I learned that when white women lie, Black men die.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The white woman strikes again. Their lies are a direct threat to Black men.

This reminds me of when I went to an afrocentric private school. They took us on a school trip to see the film Rosewood. We were 9 and hadn't really interacted with white ppl yet. I learned that when white women lie, Black men die.
I watched rosewood before one of my pop warner football games. I was going after those lil cacs like
seAah_.gif

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I’m not a racist,” she said through heavy emotion, adding that her daughter is half Black and she herself is mixed race and a member of the LGBTQ community. “Everybody seems to be turning it into that, and that was not my intent.

:unimpressed:
:dahell: what is the relevance of her being alphabet gang to being racist? Gay people can't be racist?

If anyone in that commu ity gets attacked they should sue the hell out of this dumb bytch.