Eric Gordon is going to be a free agent brehs....

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I heard him say any positive thing about the place. He was hurt much of this year and honestly it would be best to just play his ass off next year and then either be traded at the deadline or just leave and go where he wants (Pacers, Pistons, Nets)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don't think he want's to be there straight up. Why max a player who hates it there?

I don't think I heard him say any positive thing about the place. He was hurt much of this year and honestly it would be best to just play his ass off next year and then either be traded at the deadline or just leave and go where he wants (Pacers, Pistons, Nets)

because if every talented player hates being there how will you ever build? What you hope is that he gets matched, knows he's there for 4 years and in that time, you make the team better. It's not as if he's gonna mail it in if he gets matched.

and if he just took the qualifying offer it would be irresponsible of his agent to do that because if he gets hurt again, that compromises his long term bread to the point where even the teams that he'd wanna go to will show no interest.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
I'm not a big fan of Gordon. Paying near max money for him is going to cripple a team.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because if every talented player hates being there how will you ever build? What you hope is that he gets matched, knows he's there for 4 years and in that time, you make the team better. It's not as if he's gonna mail it in if he gets matched.

and if he just took the qualifying offer it would be irresponsible of his agent to do that because if he gets hurt again, that compromises his long term bread to the point where even the teams that he'd wanna go to will show no interest.

the thing is every player wouldn't hate N.O. it's probally some guys in the next few years who would love to go there...It's better then Toronto.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm still gonna root for BK but these Nets fans are getting annoying as fukk. Nobody has wanted to voluntarily play for that team since J-Kidd got traded. Maybe, D-Will signing back can change that. Until then, nobody's gonna be rushing to sign there.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
hornets.jpg

Yeah, he's ecstatic to be in N.O.

I can honestly see him going the Nick Young route, despite it being a better option to sign something now long-term, with better money.

And I'm a Gordon fan, but nah, not worth the max. Gonna be another Joe Johnson situation. Teams need to chill on the max unless it's for Kobe, Wade, Bron, Anthony-type players.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
hornets.jpg

I can honestly see him going the Nick Young route, despite it being a better option to sign something now long-term, with better money.

Ask Nick Young if he'd do the Nick Young route this summer when he's the 9th or 10th guard teams call.

And I'm a Gordon fan, but nah, not worth the max. Gonna be another Joe Johnson situation. Teams need to chill on the max unless it's for Kobe, Wade, Bron, Anthony-type players.

I agree Gordon at the max is a major risk and he'd be overpaid, but Kobe, Wade, Bron, Anthony players don't come around often and when they do, they ain't fukking with any of these teams with bread outside of the CAA approved destinations. I wouldn't offer Eric Gordon under any normal circumstances, but if Minny, where else is that money gonna go? That contract doesn't cripple them. Losing does.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Ask Nick Young if he'd do the Nick Young route this summer when he's the 9th or 10th guard teams call.

Eric Gordon has more leverage than Nick Young since he's you know, better.

Nick Young shouldn't have gone the Nick Young route imo. Players overestimate their worth all the time though. Though most of the time teams do it for 'em.

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Of course he's gonna test free agency.

He can do that and still be retained by New Orleans. The Hornets ain't gonna let him walk.

Pipe. Dream.