Eon Musk: 100 participants set to go to mars indefinitely. Meet the participants.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
You all laugh, but in the famous 1950s science fiction book, "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury, there was a chapter "Way in the Middle of the Air" which depicted a voluntary emigration of Southern Blacks to a newly colonized Mars to create their own community and escape prejudice. The White people were pissed.
I loved that story.

Some asswipe journalist plagiarized parts of it when talking about Katrina and the poor waiting to get into the stadium for shelter.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading through the thread has me :mjlol:

The absurdity of the selections rolling through profiles on the 1st page :russ:

Straight up, nothing about the backgrounds of these people suggests the gravitas or emotional stability necessary to survive this for more than like 3 or 4 days - if they actually even reach Mars.

Admittedly, I'm ill-informed...but at the very least they should have a practice run where they have these folks sign a waiver so that they're more or less abandoned in the desert for 90 days without outside intervention - just 30 days worth of rations and some equipment to help simulate what setting up farming rigs would look like - where like the only way out is if you're having a serious, clearly visible, life-threatening medical episode or something else deemed critical by one of the team doctors.

But seriousness aside, I can't help but die laughing thinking about that first moment people realize aint no coming back - and no one coming to save you - given all of today's convenience.

Plopping down on Mars, looking around, and having your first instinct be to hail an Uber back home, and realizing you fukked up :mjlol:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
What was the criteria? I would've thought there'd be more young(er) people, I don't really know what would possess a bunch of late 30's and 40 somethings to want to go to Mars.

There are some late 20s somethings too. But they’re clearly just fed up with life here and wanting to end it... low key... shyt high key really.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
In March 2015, one of the Mars One finalists, Joseph Roche, stated to media outlets that he believes the mission to be a scam. Roche holds doctorate degrees in physics and astrophysics, and shared many of his concerns and criticisms of the mission. These claims include that the organization lied about the number of applicants, stating that 200,000 individuals applied versus Roche's claim of 2,761, and that many of the applicants had paid to be put on the list.

Furthermore, Roche claimed that Mars One is asking finalists for donations from any money earned from guest appearances (which would amount to a minimal portion of the estimated $6 billion required for the mission). Finally, despite being one of 100 finalists, Roche himself has never spoken to any Mars One employee or representative in person, and instead of psychological or psychometric testing as is normal for astronaut candidates (especially for a lengthy, one-way mission), his interview process consisted of a 10-minute Skype conversation

:ohhh:

This is all the way fukked up.

Further reading I’m on list to be a Mars One astronaut – but I won’t see the red planet | Joseph Roche

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
imagine being born on mars and actually be able to really claim that you're from another planet :ohhh::obama:

but frfr if people manage to live up there i assume over time their whole molecular structure will begin to change/adapt to the enviornment..

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
imagine being born on mars and actually be able to really claim that you're from another planet :ohhh::obama:

but frfr if people manage to live up there i assume over time their whole molecular structure will begin to change/adapt to the enviornment..
watch this
952b79b63e7ac47e56cf6553701b14ec.jpg

theyre the same age.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:lolbron: literally the only reason i came in here! :russ: ,

I was like Elon got a brother? :dwillhuh: and they parents was lazy enough to just take out the L and give him the same name? :gucci:

*opened thread*
:snoop:
:martin: 11 pages
Probably because the vast mjority of us use our brains. for example, I took out the a in majority written early in this very sentence but most of our brains can still process a sentence or title despite a single letter being removed. :snoop: but you were confused and baffled. oh boy.

JuRen15

Pro
Daps
Probably because the vast mjority of us use our brains. for example, I took out the a in majority written early in this very sentence but most of our brains can still process a sentence or title despite a single letter being removed. :snoop: but you were confused and baffled. oh boy.
the brother story was obviously sarcasm, but you use your brain so much i guess you know that. Use your brain and edit the thread title :stopitslime: