Entire staff of Annapurna Interactive has resigned (Bloomberg)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Didn't know they made Stray...a dope lil game

Yeah they also did other games as well:

Outer_Wilds_Steam_artwork.jpg

Sayonara_wild_hearts_cover.png

As well as brought over probably one of the best video games I have ever played Journey and Flower to the PC. The fact that the staff chuck the peace is troubling and quite frankly the CEO needs to eat a wombat dikk :camby:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
going 'we'll just replace everyone' about a creative mass-exodus... literally explains exactly why this happened to me, tbh.

If you think they are replaceable now, you thought they were before, and that speaks for itself. Games are art and devs are artists; you can't just hot-swap parts like they're pieces of tech.

Square biz. Now they're cutting into my territory of publisher/developer that I actually give a shyt about. Annapurna being done or reformatted to do some AAA nonsense, will kill the remaining heart of gaming on an art form type of level. That publishing is one of the few that actually isn't a fukking joke in these modern times, and sadly they are fitting to fall in with the rest because GAAS and AAAAAAAA experiences.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
going 'we'll just replace everyone' about a creative mass-exodus... literally explains exactly why this happened to me, tbh.

If you think they are replaceable now, you thought they were before, and that speaks for itself. Games are art and devs are artists; you can't just hot-swap parts like they're pieces of tech.
And yet that's how tech companies usually operate :patrice:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
And yet that's how tech companies usually operate :patrice:
...because tech companies are not in the business of producing art.

Unless they are running proprietary engines, a video game dev studio is not a tech company any more than CBS is a photography company.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
...because tech companies are not in the business of producing art.

Unless they are running proprietary engines, a video game dev studio is not a tech company any more than CBS is a photography company.
The point is games are made for profit. It's a business. And what you're saying they shouldn't do is true in one instance and not true in others.

Bungie comes to mind :hula: concord is another

Superman 64, fukk the art, the game was ass. Art these nuts if it ain't fun. A developer is not an artist. They have animators and art directors but that's only part of the equation bruh. Don't go full retard with your point. I agree it's ideal but only if they get results

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
It's for the best. The whole team can create somewhere else. Owner probably had no real connection to them anyway