Emulator Appreciation Thread

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Wow. This thread is completely dead. What handhelds are you all using? I ordered the Retroid Pocket 3 in the 16 Bit color option. I'm going to slap a 512GB SD in that thing! Can't wait.

I came on here to ask about Emulators. A video came up on my YouTube talking about a Miyoo Mini but then the guy said the best is what you said - the Retroid Pocket 3

I’m completely new to this, before this video I didn’t even know these things existed - if I buy one, what’s the best place or the best way to get a good OS and all the best games?

Like I said I’m completely new so tell me the absolute basics. I just want something with good battery life that I can keep with me and fukk around with when I’m bored. I wanna play basically everything from Game Boy games to maybe PS1 and everything in between.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I came on here to ask about Emulators. A video came up on my YouTube talking about a Miyoo Mini but then the guy said the best is what you said - the Retroid Pocket 3

I’m completely new to this, before this video I didn’t even know these things existed - if I buy one, what’s the best place or the best way to get a good OS and all the best games?

Like I said I’m completely new so tell me the absolute basics. I just want something with good battery life that I can keep with me and fukk around with when I’m bored. I wanna play basically everything from Game Boy games to maybe PS1 and everything in between.
Regarding the OS, the Retroid Pocket 3 runs Android 11. It comes with its own native game launcher. You just download the emulators from the Google play store, map the buttons, get the ROMS and transfer them to the RP3 via SD card, add the ROMs from within the launcher and you’re good to go. It’s more involved than what I just described, but this is just to orient your way of thinking when it comes to emulation. I just reviewed my RP3. The link is below:

Also, here is the site that I used to help me setup my RP3: Retroid Pocket 3 (and Retroid Pocket 2+) Starter Guide

…I hope this helps. Good luck!

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Regarding the OS, the Retroid Pocket 3 runs Android 11. It comes with its own native game launcher. You just download the emulators from the Google play store, map the buttons, get the ROMS and transfer them to the RP3 via SD card, add the ROMs from within the launcher and you’re good to go. It’s more involved than what I just described, but this is just to orient your way of thinking when it comes to emulation. I just reviewed my RP3. The link is below:

Also, here is the site that I used to help me setup my RP3: Retroid Pocket 3 (and Retroid Pocket 2+) Starter Guide

…I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks and rep. I’ll take a look at the review.

That Miyoo Mini seemed cool because it came preloaded with games but the Retroid seems better but I might have to get more involved to get the games I want etc.

I’m gonna take a look at all this stuff over the weekend and dive into it more.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

got this off amazon off the strength of this video.
came in today
easy set up
played Rocky, Joe Montana football ,altered beast and Alien Syndrome.
i'm enjoying it.

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
how do you play hacked roms? Like this ninja turtles streets of rage one

You have to patch the streets of rage 2 (USA) rom with the ips file on that link. Unzip the files.
Use this link to patch the rom.

I used the Fusion emulator on windows and it works.

I just followed this person's guide.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Its actually on the amazon web page right below the description to save $20 instantly on the purchase.

Unless it was only for a limited time .

Heres the link for the one I purchased.

Kinhank Super Console X2 Retro...

Damn they don’t make something like this for the PS2 gen?

And yea that coupon seem like it’s gone :mjcry:

Did you find it @MeachTheMonster ?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn they don’t make something like this for the PS2 gen?

And yea that coupon seem like it’s gone :mjcry:

Did you find it @MeachTheMonster ?
Yeah i got it. Supppsed to get here today. Can’t wait :blessed:

They have one that goes up to PS2 but it cost like $600

They also have this

Which even has PS3 games but you need a PC to use it.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Wouldn't be the gamer I'm today without emulator, nor would I have my unmatched taste in video games.