Emmett Till movie “Till”

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
The movie isn’t about Emmett Till, It’s about Mamie Till.

If you want to see a good documentary on this, with Mamie Till actually in it and giving an interview before she passed, The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till is what I recommend. I saw this in the theater with my little sister when it came out back in ‘05.

I don’t think I’m watching this one in a theater because I already know the story, but there is a generation of people who do not and a lot of non-black people who don’t. I never understand why people complain about historical stories of the black experience being made into film. Its weird to me why this bothers people. Just don’t watch it.
100%

There’s a bunch of Gen Z black kids that don’t know their history and will learn about Emmitt Till from this movie. These stories are important and need to be told. Not wanting movies like this to be made, because they make you uncomfortable is selfish.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100%

There’s a bunch of Gen Z black kids that don’t know their history and will learn about Emmitt Till from this movie. These stories are important and need to be told. Not wanting movies like this to be made, because they make you uncomfortable is selfish.
Grand opening grand closing

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The movie isn’t about Emmett Till, It’s about Mamie Till.

If you want to see a good documentary on this, with Mamie Till actually in it and giving an interview before she passed, The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till is what I recommend. I saw this in the theater with my little sister when it came out back in ‘05.

I don’t think I’m watching this one in a theater because I already know the story, but there is a generation of people who do not and a lot of non-black people who don’t. I never understand why people complain about historical stories of the black experience being made into film. Its weird to me why this bothers people. Just don’t watch it.

They are idiots. We need these types of movies to remind the world of the atrocities that these crackers committed.

Joos use film as a tool to remind folks of the holocaust every chance they get.

Last edited:

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I watched it and don't know how they told this story and it lack so much soul, for a lack of a better word.

I did learn something watching this and that there were two black men that help kill emmitt. My family from Mississippi and I was born in Chicago so Emmitt story was told to me from word of mouth, my grandparents even viewed Emmitt body, but no one ever mention these black man that help kill him.

These two men should be called out and they names should replace uncle Tom and c00n