Emmett Till movie “Till”

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Pass. Who they gonna make a movie about next, Trayvon Martin.

you know they will
also george floyd on some fruitvale station type ish

sick of these films

the only slavery movies I want to see is brehs going back in time and merkin cacs

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I get not wanting to watch something that can trigger you but these movies should be made. It's a lot of people that don't know this story that need to know it, they don't want to teach the true history of this country in school, so movies like this will be the only way some will ever learn how ugly this country is.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This movie gone flop ain’t nobody watching this. I just seen a commercial for this and my stomach started turning. Movies ain’t gotta be made about everything
The idea of going to a movie to pray for depression…but there is a whole new generation of Karen’s who are the ones who need to see this

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't think I can see this. Yall don't know how much that shyt hurts my soul man. And the hurt manifests into an anger that I can't get out of my system for days
Just reading the Wikipedia of him screaming for his mommy as those monsters tortured him. It hurts bad, but Emmitt Till and many others died so we
can have the freedom we have today. So I do think their is value in remembering his sacrifice.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
The tv docu series was good enough for me to watch.

I'm not checking this movie out

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Not seeing this, but not knocking anyone who will. I couldn’t even handle the Nat Turner movie.

Based on what people said Parker went easy on cacs in that film because either he didn't want to show what really happened or the cac financiers/studios wouldn't let him. So we've never actually had a true Nat Turner movie yet or Haitian Revolution one where they show a true visual representation of Black people fighting as hard as they did against cacs.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I get not wanting to watch something that can trigger you but these movies should be made. It's a lot of people that don't know this story that need to know it, they don't want to teach the true history of this country in school, so movies like this will be the only way some will ever learn how ugly this country is.

Yeah, this is the kind of movie that helps raise awareness of certain things going on. Maybe when it comes out, people will start going after Carolyn Bryant and demanding that she gets thrown in a jail cell. Or given the chair.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
As important as Emmett Till's (R.I.P.) story is, this feels like more of a studio cash grab than an accurate portrayal of Mr. Till's short life.
I think I'll have to pass.
The movie isn’t about Emmett Till, It’s about Mamie Till.

If you want to see a good documentary on this, with Mamie Till actually in it and giving an interview before she passed, The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till is what I recommend. I saw this in the theater with my little sister when it came out back in ‘05.

I don’t think I’m watching this one in a theater because I already know the story, but there is a generation of people who do not and a lot of non-black people who don’t. I never understand why people complain about historical stories of the black experience being made into film. Its weird to me why this bothers people. Just don’t watch it.