Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eminem doing most of the production.... may not be a bad thing

*ducks tomatoes and a shoe*

His production worked on TES, Cheers, 8 Mile, the first D12 album. It was his sound and it suited those songs.

I'd much rather he try and tap into that again, than the production choices he's been making the last ten years with others. Especially if this is supposed to be a send off to that era...

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Em just doing what Aftermath wants him to do still, working with Dre flunkies (Dem Joints, Fredwreck, etc) instead of branching out at all. This might be your last album and you got those guys instead of Alch or whatever? He could put a Black Album type list together of any producers he wants, with any samples he wants.

To be fair, Eminem spent years working with outside producers after Relapse, and the results were mixed. Recovery had no self-production and two Dre tracks (except for a bonus track). You had guys like Just Blaze, Boi-1da, DJ Khalil, and Havoc making beats. Every album after that was done the same way except for this new one, and I think that's on purpose.

Eminem's best music was made by himself and/or Luis Resto, or the Bass Brothers, or Dre and his camp. It wasn't until Recovery that he started branching out because he wasn't interested in production at the time, he had already cut ties with the Bass Brothers years ago, and Dre was busy with Detox. Maybe the production will end up sounding more like old-school Eminem? No outside producers, no rap features, no pop features, everything done in-house? It could be a good sign.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, Eminem spent years working with outside producers after Relapse, and the results were mixed. Recovery had no self-production and two Dre tracks (except for a bonus track). You had guys like Just Blaze, Boi-1da, DJ Khalil, and Havoc making beats. Every album after that was done the same way except for this new one, and I think that's on purpose.

Eminem's best music was made by himself and/or Luis Resto, or the Bass Brothers, or Dre and his camp. It wasn't until Recovery that he started branching out because he wasn't interested in production at the time, he had already cut ties with the Bass Brothers years ago, and Dre was busy with Detox. Maybe the production will end up sounding more like old-school Eminem? No outside producers, no rap features, no pop features, everything done in-house? It could be a good sign.
I think Em needs to work with other producers AND tell them to just play him some beats. Not play him Eminem style beats. That’s what worked so well with Nas and Hit. He wasn’t just giving him Nas style beats. It’s never too late to try some different stuff.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay.

Biz is dope and great at this point with all the albums he dropped.
You’d seem to know more than me or maybe not?

Just wondering if someone like Bizarre (who I haven’t heard in years) is doing okay financially?

Hope he is, just wondering about guys I heard music from 20 years ago. Hope everything worked out alright 💪

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island

Just wondering if someone like Bizarre (who I haven’t heard in years) is doing okay financially?

Hope he is, just wondering about guys I heard music from 20 years ago. Hope everything worked out alright 💪

Bizarre does meet and greets at weed stores and shows for 50 people

Dude can't be doing that well and I'm not trying to diss him

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Eminem would just avoid Dr Dre and them Shady Records/Aftermath weed carriers tbh.

Some of these features & producers shouldn't even have a role on an Em album.

Crumple

All Star
Daps

I read your question.

But honestly I don't know about anyone's factual financial situation other than my own.

Know that R Kelly and Michael Jackson were both in bad places financially after earning millions.

DMX had reportedly $50,000 in the back when he died with over 10 kids as per TMZ.

Last edited: