Eminem NEW freestyle "At the Ozzfest with Nas bumpin Das Efx in a wrecked up Datson..

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
when em spits about "nothing" he still shines with his MC abilities... multiple schemes/flow etc...

ross and wayne spit basic 1 syalable rhymes.. relying on their DELIVERY and AD-libs...LAZY

i dont know how you can be a fan of hip-hop and not appreciate the art of MCin... yall just want ad-libs and bass.... that dumbed down shyt...
Em is a supremely talented MC technically. I'd say using that technical talent to just string multis together is lazy, but that's me.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
If I criticize Wayne and Ross for getting by on saying nothing but making it sound good, why would I give Em a pass?

Because he's still showcasing the art of emceeing and showing different traits and qualities used by emcees. The rhyme and poetry is there. The words might not mean much, but the wording is still important.

If you're expecting him to solve world peace in a 40 second freestyle, then you're reaching. Eminem's freestyles have always been about the way he said it, the words he used, how how he expressed it.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
Em is a supremely talented MC technically. I'd say using that technical talent to just string multis together is lazy, but that's me.

But the manner in which he strings them together is dope within itself.

I wouldn't want to hear an entire album of this right here, but for a random acapella for him to spit at a camera? Or it just being something I'd hear spit in a cypher? This shyt is :krs:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada

what do you consider not lazy then?

to me this shyt right here is lazy as fukk.... shyts basic.. and these were already written... it took them 7 takes to do this "freestyle"

now compare that mmg cypher to the shady cypher... you gon tell me that mmg was on th shady cypher level skillwise>?

Last edited by a moderator:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Because he's still showcasing the art of emceeing and showing different traits and qualities used by emcees. The rhyme and poetry is there. The words might not mean much, but the wording is still important.

If you're expecting him to solve world peace in a 40 second freestyle, then you're reaching. Eminem's freestyles have always been about the way he said it, the words he used, how how he expressed it.

Using your skills to do nothing but show people you have those skills is lazy as fukk. I'm not even talking about the freestyle cause I didn't listen to it. The line quoted in the thread title told me what I needed to know. My opinion is based on his album work if anything. I don't care what you're rhyming about, but rhyme about something. And I think cats are being hypocritical as hell. So it's ok for Em to say a bunch of bullshyt cause he makes it sound good by using different techniques but Wayne and Ross utilizing their flow and delivery to make a bunch of bullshyt sound good is bad? fukk that, it's all bad, especially if it gets to the point that it's what I'm expecting from an artist.

YoungSkeezy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was possibly the dumbest freestyle I ever heard, that shyt was garbage. All this dude needs to do now a days is say the most retarded shyt and say it fast, and 90% of people will stan over it. Eminem back in the day, yeah he said stupid shyt then too, atleast it made sense and was entertaining. this freestyle was just garbage and retarded

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
That was possibly the dumbest freestyle I ever heard, that shyt was garbage. All this dude needs to do now a days is say the most retarded shyt and say it fast, and 90% of people will stan over it. Eminem back in the day, yeah he said stupid shyt then too, atleast it made sense and was entertaining. this freestyle was just garbage and retarded

em came up battling at the rap olympics... he a battle tested MC..

he got noticed from his "FREESTYLES"

how many rappers today would get shine from spittin frestyles?

not many.. they just lack the skill to do so.. they hide behind BEATS and AD-LIBS

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Using your skills to do nothing but show people you have those skills is lazy as fukk. I'm not even talking about the freestyle cause I didn't listen to it. :russ:
The line quoted in the thread title told me what I needed to know. :usure:
My opinion is based on his album work if anything. :russ:

fukk that, it's all bad, especially if it gets to the point that it's what I'm expecting from an artist. :beli:
:ohhh:
i guess when you see a slam dunk, youre all "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet, that was a lazy bum move.... :what:"
so then all athletes are lazy to you?
iiiight.
good point!

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
what do you consider not lazy then?

Using your talents and still spitting something coherent. Where if somebody asked me, what's the song about, I can actually answer. I understand it's just a throwaway freestyle, but I just think it's crazy the double standard I see sometimes, that's all. You can't criticize certain artists for not saying anything but praise other artists who aren't saying anything. Em has classic freestyles for days, but his music has regressed to being just a showcase for his talent instead of a use of it. It's like if Picasso just drew pictures of dikks everyday like the kid from Superbad. Yeah, he used a lot of different techniques for each dikk pic, but you're still staring at a picture of dikk at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Eminem feat. Nate Dogg - Till I Collapse - YouTube

Using your talents and still spitting something coherent. Where if somebody asked me, what's the song about, I can actually answer. I understand it's just a throwaway freestyle, but I just think it's crazy the double standard I see sometimes, that's all. You can't criticize certain artists for not saying anything but praise other artists who aren't saying anything. Em has classic freestyles for days, but his music has regressed to being just a showcase for his talent instead of a use of it. It's like if Picasso just drew pictures of dikks everyday like the kid from Superbad. Yeah, he used a lot of different techniques for each dikk pic, but you're still staring at a picture of dikk at the end of the day.

your comapring one of EM's GOAT songs to a freestyle :what:

thats all you got breh:leon:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
lol at you people comparing a freestyle he thought of mad hasty for the camera to 'til i collapse' which was constructed over time on a nasty piece of paper with psycho handwriting.
cmon now.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so spitting multiples is easier than not spittin them?

spit one...

its easy right:obama:

i rapidly and tragically blast the heat, clap at the beast
trap for weeks, stash the ki's, then puff the magic weed

blah blah blah