Embracer group buys Eidos, Crystal Dynmics and Square Enix Montreal

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
They need to reboot Legacy of Kain with the same writer (Amy Hennig) and make the gameplay a Souls-like, but a good Souls-like something similar to Nioh but slower paced... maybe have your stamina bar refill faster by consuming blood/souls :ohhh:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Just got all the tomb raiders, deux ex and thief for like 20 bucks :blessed:

Tried to buy Avengers and GOTG for steam but they put me on a waiting list, wtf is there a waiting list for digital products? :dahell:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I find it unbelievable that they got paid to acquire all these studios. They just sold Tomb Raider to Amazon for $600 million meaning they got these studios from Square Enix for a $300 million profit and ann they had to do was let go of Tomb Raider.
Just highlights how fukking terrible Square Enix is, right next to 343 and Ubisoft. A bunch of damn buffoons run that company :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just highlights how fukking terrible Square Enix is, right next to 343 and Ubisoft. A bunch of damn buffoons run that company :mjlol:
I'm looking to see any other sources on this cause I just saw this on ResetEra. It's evident that Amazon has made a heavy investment into this but 600 million for just Tomb Raider is insane. Laura Croft might be an iconic character but at the same time she's not worth spending that much on and that's all Tomb Raider is. Not to mention it has failed multiple times outside of the game franchises. Amazon is delusional if they think it will be the next MCU and all it has is a single interesting character.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I'm looking to see any other sources on this cause I just saw this on ResetEra. It's evident that Amazon has made a heavy investment into this but 600 million for just Tomb Raider is insane. Laura Croft might be an iconic character but at the same time she's not worth spending that much on and that's all Tomb Raider is. Not to mention it has failed multiple times outside of the game franchises. Amazon is delusional if they think it will be the next MCU and all it has is a single interesting character.
Same. The whole thing sounds a little farfetched about Amazon's supposed "plans"...I'm really just here to shyt on Square tho :francis::yeshrug::mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think they overcharged because it's amazon, making amazon put a lot of money and sweat equity into the medium before they can get started and making money in the process

Amazon themselves probably don't particularly have a good strategy, but they know if they acquire enough well known properties they'll find a way to make money. They should have hopped on WB deal too and coughed up enough dough for mortal kombat

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"MS is bad for the industry, I'd rather embracer or tencent to acquire companies and IPs"

:mjlol: :mjlol:

This is exactly what I was talking about when it came to other companies outside of MS, Nintendo and Sony buying up stuff.

Tomb raider is now an Amazon IP :mjlol: RIP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"MS is bad for the industry, I'd rather embracer or tencent to acquire companies and IPs"

:mjlol: :mjlol:

This is exactly what I was talking about when it came to other companies outside of MS, Nintendo and Sony buying up stuff.

Tomb raider is now an Amazon IP :mjlol: RIP

And whats the problem with that?