First thing I saw when I logged in today :blessed:
mgid:arc:imageassetref:bet.com:ef6e730c-4873-11e7-a442-0e40cf2fc285

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where's the call to boycott Twitter links being posted on this website :jbhmm:
:russ:You know damn well that not going to happen it like what $cam said in his post users on here will swear they need to use twitter/x because the info is too good to past on. Even thou these same posters would be calling black celebs c00ns:mjpls: for using twitter/x to make money off of.
This will never happen. There's been threads here swearing that without X/Twitter, valuable information will be missed. Folks feel like they're gonna miss out on sum'n.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are going to have to make a statement and boycott it. Stop sharing links, stop using it, stop visiting it, stop logging in.

I still need it for work but can deff kill my account and use a generic work one.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone mentioned that if you block Elon Musk's account, as well as some other undesirables the timeline gets adjusted correctly.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
I Permanently Deleted my twitter account last year. I was sick and tired of seeing open racism so tolerated there.

I will never buy tesla cars or tesla stocks. Elons cars are ugly and goofy anyway

Boycotting everything Musk

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Who uses the “for you” tab on Twitter? Just stick to your follows and it’s the same ol app

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Isnt it algorithm based :skip:
No. The algorithm is being fukked with to less rely on what you engage with to what they want you to see.

Try and go make a new account and see what accounts are recommended to you to follow and what shows up by default.

Once again, in the simplest of terms, twitter is now elons personal propaganda tool. That's it. Everything folks are seeing is to that end.

Folks think he was dumb to buy it because they failed to understand why he bought it. He is part of this whole cadre of silicon valley billionaires who want to usurp the current state and order to build some anarco-libertarian state. Look up "the network state", neoreactionarism, and "Dark Enlightment". This will set your perspective in the right order.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
To add to the above

But facts and logic hold no sway over those on a mission to Make San Francisco Great Again, and the city’s oligarchs in waiting tell on themselves in numerous other ways, as well.

We’ve replaced some pieces of that political machine—specifically, we have parallel media now with Elon’s Twitter, or X,” crowed Tan during a presentation at the 2023 Network State Conference. “Getting a parallel media was a key piece, and it wasn’t through voting. It was done by building.… We need to replace the unelected parts of the system as well, building parallel education, nonprofits, media, unions.” “That’s a possible recipe for reforming San Francisco and building the alternative tech political machine,” he said. “And if it works in [San Francisco], it will work everywhere.”

Tan’s portrayal of Musk’s Twitter as a victory for his own political vision speaks volumes. As I write, the billionaire owner of X-Twitter is on yet another of his racist conspiracy theory diatribes. Musk’s ownership of the platform unleashed a surge of hate speech and misinformation. “Our reporting has shown that, under his watch, the number of tweets containing slurs has risen by up to 202 percent; that tweets linking LGBTQ+ people to ‘child grooming’ have more than doubled; demonstrated that climate denial content and accounts are surging; and revealed Twitter’s failure to act on hate posted by Twitter Blue subscribers,” wrote Imran Ahmed of the Center for Countering Digital Hate. Musk, who called Ahmed a “rat,” filed a lawsuit against his nonprofit.

If Tan’s vision aligns with Musk’s, then he’s clearly not trying to incubate a centrist revolution. No, this is a decidedly extreme brand of politics, though it’s not exactly innovative. Tech bros like Tan think they are reinventing whole systems, conjuring terms like “effective accelerationism” to describe their philosophy. But the ancient Greeks already put a name to their core ideas over 2,000 years ago. For example, there’s plutocracy, or rule by the wealthy, and autocracy, rule by dictatorship. More recently, Émile P. Torres and Timnit Gebru created the acronym TESCREAL (transhumanism, extropianism, singularitarianism, cosmism, Rationalism, Effective Altruism, and Longtermism) to describe the stack of esoteric beliefs behind the new tech ideology.

Even as Tan struggled to contain his tweet scandal, a new term emerged. “The behavior of these companies and the people who run them is often hypocritical, greedy, and status-obsessed,” wrote The Atlantic’s Adrienne LaFrance in a piece titled “The Rise of Techno-Authoritarianism.” “But underlying these venalities is something more dangerous, a clear and coherent ideology that is seldom called out for what it is: authoritarian technocracy.”

Last edited: