ok this one is actually pretty funny :pachaha:

:mjlol:

Love him or hate him , he does drop some funny shyt

Duppy

Pro
Daps
:mjlol:

Trump would destory her

Like I’ve previously stated Biden is the only one that can go Jab for Jab with trump. and he can has a chance for Pennsylvania Michigan Ohio Wisconsin.

:yeshrug:
Biden's record and tendency to get handsy with young girls are both things that will most likely sink him.

8htor6gcqo621.jpg

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Did Elizabeth Warren “Sell Out” to Powerful Interests by Opposing a Billionaire-Funded Charter School Proposal? (No.)

New York magazine’s Jonathan Chait has a new column about Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts senator who is formally “exploring” a presidential campaign. The premise of Chait’s piece is that Warren, whose central claim as a public figure is that she fights for the underdog against Big Business, has in fact screwed over regular people by “sell[ing] out” to “powerful interests” on two particular issues. One of those issues is medical device taxation, and frankly here’s how much I know about medical devices: nothing. But I do have some familiarity with the second issue, charter schools, and on that end Chait’s argument is misleading and, if anything, gets Warren’s position re “powerful interests” exactly backward.

Chait argues that Warren sold out low-income kids in her state by opposing a measure that would have expanded charter schools, and that she did so in order to please the state’s powerful teachers union. Here’s his case (and sorry for the long quote, but it’s necessary to get into the details).

Warren opposed the passage of the referendum, known as Question 2. Chait thus concludes that she cravenly stomped on the interests of voiceless low-income students in order to gain the favor of a “well-organized interest group,” in this case the teachers union.

There are three big ways that this analysis misses the mark.

1. Question 2 was backed by finance industry billionaires who have historically been influential in the Democratic Party.
In reading Chait’s summary of the issue, you would get the impression that the charter school referendum was an asymmetrical struggle between parents in low-income areas and the teachers’ big union machine. In fact, the charter proposal was backed by an organization called Families for Excellent Schools, which ended up paying the largest campaign-related fine in Massachusetts history for, in the Boston Globe’s words, “illegally hiding the identities of its donors.” Those donors turned out to be some of the wealthiest people in the country:

The newly revealed donor list showed the group received checks from Amos B. Hostetter Jr., the former cable television magnate from Boston, who gave $2 million; Seth Klarman, the billionaire chief executive of Baupost Group, a Boston hedge fund, who donated $3.3 million; and Alice Walton, an heiress to the Walmart fortune, who gave $750,000. Paul Sagan, a technology executive who was appointed by Governor Charlie Baker as chairman of the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, which oversees charter schools, donated $496,000. Mark Nunnelly, a former Bain Capital executive who was recently promoted from his position as Baker’s chief information officer to a Cabinet post overseeing cybersecurity, gave $275,000.

The group’s chairman, Paul Appelbaum, works for the investment firm owned by Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert. Ultimately, supporters of the charter school proposal outspent its opponents by a 60–40 ratio.

Shame on Elizabeth Warren for selling out the grassroots interests of *checks clipboard* Quicken Loans, Bain Capital, and the woman whose father started Walmart?

For what it’s worth, Chait suggests that the corporate and finance industry millionaires and billionaires who back the charter movement merely have a “philanthropic” interest in the subject and thus don’t count as a powerful interest group in relation to Warren.[
/quote]