ELI DRAKE = SHOULD BE WRASSLIN'S NEXT SUPERSTAR

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You should do it since you flodge'd on just posting Eli drake vs storm and Eli drake versus ec3.

Art Barr
I think eli is trash, he comes off as a guy acting, lot legit.
I'm asking you a eli fan to simply post a eli promo on the level of the storm promo and again for the 2nd time you are refusing.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Eli Drake comes off as a guy who acts like a guy who was trying to come off like Austin is pretty much my entire point.

Even hulk hogun is superstar Billy graham, breh.
Hbk is hot stuff Eddie gilbert, breh.
You supposed to be a smart but you don't know about gimmicks and how that is the industry practice to be about retreads.
Yet, trying to critique when you don't know simple rubrics to what makes a smart.

Art Barr

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Even hulk hogun is superstar Billy graham, breh.
Hbk is hot stuff Eddie gilbert, breh.
You supposed to be a smart but you don't know about gimmicks and how that is the industry practice to be about retreads.
Yet, trying to critique when you don't know simple rubrics to what makes a smart.

Art Barr

What does Hogan aping Superstar have to do with this conversation. Hogan talking Superstar's persona and being a huge star has no impact on the quality of Eli Drake. Who isn't ripping off a huge star, but instead ripping off the guy who ripped the huge star off. Austin's second cousin twice removed, if you will.

Being a retread was not my point. My point was he comes off as a guy who was already a retread and not as good as the original to begin with, thereby making him feel like the Dollar Store brand to the in house Kroger brand.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Anderson has one factually good run in tna for the title.
He only was really bad when he got exposed by sting and then went into the slippery slope.
Where the stigma of him being garbage started at.
Like literally when sting owned him in that one backstage brawl.
Is when, Anderson fell into the low quality doldrums of hell.

Art Barr

The stigma for Anderson came when people realized that he was incapable of evolving as a character and as a wrestler. It started with his "I'm an a$$hole" gimmick and continued to go downhill from there.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The stigma for Anderson came when people realized that he was incapable of evolving as a character and as a wrestler. It started with his "I'm an a$$hole" gimmick and continued to go downhill from there.

I can admit his build to putting the blueprint out to pasture and securing the title from Nero hardy were actually solid.
Somewhere in that title run is where the blatant a$$hole retread from the cryptic tongue in cheek a$$hole nod gimmick jn the wwf left off.
Of which Anderson was going to have to retread his wwf gimmick.
While atop the tna pecking order with the strap as well.
As that is what tna covets is a wwf me style lifted work and gimmick to be atop their promotion

What does Hogan aping Superstar have to do with this conversation. Hogan talking Superstar's persona and being a huge star has no impact on the quality of Eli Drake. Who isn't ripping off a huge star, but instead ripping off the guy who ripped the huge star off. Austin's second cousin twice removed, if you will.

Being a retread was not my point. My point was he comes off as a guy who was already a retread and not as good as the original to begin with, thereby making him feel like the Dollar Store brand to the in house Kroger brand.

Same could be said about hulk Hogan till rocky III came and crushed the buildings.
We just watched rusev and reigns.
horribly redo the hulk /sheik hulks up counter of the camel clutch title change spot.
to shot put the title on hulk after rocky iii.
Although, reportedly McMahon would have liked for sheik to hold it longer in supposed mythos.
Yet, in the case of drake.
This is a high quality retread of Austin in ecw meets stunning stone cold Austin and it has a great new flair to it and catchphrase and prop.
Drake is not a rob Conway low quality retreads the rock style retread, tho.
Evident in him absolutely owning the talent.
The discrepancy between drake and others is as immediately apparent.
as when scsa would dominate and show up the rock on the mic.
Drake is owning people like cm punk did the rock or punk clowned taker.
Plus the reason why it is so profound is.
It does not need to be exasperated on anything less than one of the main titles.
Or, in drake's case these promos should have taken place with him holding all the gold from lashley.
Yet, drake has not let up and giving five star plus encounter promos. To guys devoid of not being a me guy and devoid of a major strap.
Yet he is due a title shot from bfg.

It is just tna should have known to pull a Hollywood blondes style audible before all this to capitalize. On this wrinkle in time, where drake is killing it.

We could have had weeks of him killing it, and lashley could have been the inaugural global champion.
Plus created a natural I still won everything gimmick and a natural feud with drake.
If drake was booked to take all the gold off lashley predating all this.

Art Barr

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do see the Anderson comparison, but he's goodie than Anderson a d let's himself look dumber than Anderson. he's entertaining, but he's not gonna be some big superstar no matter what, of those even exist in the business outside of Cena.