Electronic Arts is laying off 670 employees

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I noticed you left out me saying Nintendo also. :mjpls:

Crazy how years ago MS said screw paying for exclusive games we don't own and started working on improving their sub service now relative to their size and the amount of studios they have is probably one of the more secure places to have a job in the industry at the moment.

Meanwhile a company that spent 3 billion on a publisher had to lay off 700 plus and close studios completely. Hey the have record breaking console sales tho :yeshrug:
You really just be saying anything on here.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm sure you'd like to believe that. It's not like the numbers support me or anything.:beli:
MS, the 3T$ company just laid off ~2k people across their gaming studios, and 10k across their main company. That doesn't scream secure to me. Mass layoffs like this are ALWAYS a possibility w/o proper unionization in this industry. Stop being a freaking cheerleader for once.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MS, the 3T$ company just laid off ~2k people across their gaming studios, and 10k across their main company. That doesn't scream secure to me. Mass layoffs like this are ALWAYS a possibility w/o proper unionization in this industry. Stop being a freaking cheerleader for once.

Interesting đŸ¤”

As of March 31, 2023, Sony Group employs around 113,000 people worldwide. This is a decrease from around 180,000 employees in 2008, when the company reported its highest number of employees. In 2022, Sony employed 108,900 people, which was the lowest number of employees in recent history
:ohhh:

Almost a 73k employee decrease
As of March 31, 2023, Electronic Arts (EA) has 13,400 employees. This is a 3.88% increase from 2022, when EA had 12,900 employees. The majority of EA's employees work outside of the United States
:patrice:

• EA announced Wednesday that it will cut 5% of its workforce.
  • The video game company employed 13,400 workers as of the end of March last year, according to its most recent annual filing with the SEC, meaning the layoffs may affect about 670 jobs.

That brings them at a net negative of about 200 jobs prior to 2022.

Crazy

• Microsoft total number of employees in 2023 was 221,000, a 0% decline from 2022.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2022 was 221,000, a 22.1% increase from 2021.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2021 was 181,000, a 11.04% increase from 2020.
  • Microsoft total number of employees in 2020 was 163,000, a 13.19% increase from 2019.

Meanwhile MS has had a total decline of 0 from 2022 and a increase of 47 percent of employees since 2020.

Edit: And if you want to go back to 2008 to compare to Sony, MS had about 91k then and has hired and retained a little more than double since.

Crazy right, almost like I just say anything.

Last edited:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Holy shyt and trying to say MS who spent 80 billy on studios while having multiple AAA games in 4-5 years development hell and laying off 10k plus employees as being the same as Nintendo.

fukking delusional fukker.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Holy shyt and trying to say MS who spent 80 billy on studios while having multiple AAA games in 4-5 years development hell and laying off 10k plus employees as being the same as Nintendo.
MS could have easily grabbed up triple A exclusive games from 3rd party developers to lock down.

They haven't been doing that, and even the A and double A they do do it with, it's timed for 6 months or so.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
See, your problem is that you see everything through some juvenile console wars lens, and that makes it a waste of time trying to reasonably engage you. Keep believing there's security for the everyday worker when they have no leverage or protections against these companies. It's pathetic to cheerlead a company who lays off thousands and then spends billions on stock buybacks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See, your problem is that you see everything through some juvenile console wars lens, and that makes it a waste of time trying to reasonably engage you. Keep believing there's security for the everyday worker when they have no leverage or protections against these companies. It's pathetic to cheerlead a company who lays off thousands and then spends billions on stock buybacks.
Just hold the L breh. Y'all love to try and get on some fictional high horse after the fact.

I gave you numbers to back up what I said. Now you talking about the everyday workers and cheerleading a company.

No, it's not about any of that. It's about me being correct and you being wrong, :yeshrug: y'all love to try and fall back on console wars and other things when y'all wrong.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stan’s :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How many triple A games has MS studios released or bought 3rd party exclusives rights to since 2019?

:patrice: I'll wait