Eidos Montreal founder: "I heard rumours that Sony said they're really interested in [acquiring] Square Enix Tokyo, but not the rest."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

He continues: "If I read between the lines, Square Enix Japan was not as committed as we hoped initially. And there are rumours, obviously, that with all these activities of mergers and acquisitions, that Sony would really like to have Square Enix within their wheelhouse. I heard rumours that Sony said they're really interested in Square Enix Tokyo, but not the rest. So, I think [Square Enix CEO Yosuke] Matsuda-san put it like a garage sale."

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
So what exactly would change with this? FF is already only on PS consoles and PC, I guess Xtards wouldn't get Kingdom Hearts?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I could see sony keeping a lot of the games multiplatform but still releasing the AA and ports stuff on PS Extra in addition to switch. Itā€™s no surprise to me that Tactics Ogre seems to be prioritizing playstation as a launch platform.

@Kamikaze Revy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like Sony is on some knee-jerk shyt trying to buy whatever they can afford before Microsoft gets to them.

shyt is bad for the industry

Yes, multi-billion dollar corporation ā€˜knee jerkā€™ buying out other multi-billion companies becauseā€¦. :laff:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The fukk are you talking about

Yes, multi-billion dollar corporation ā€˜knee jerkā€™ buying out other multi-billion companies becauseā€¦. :laff:
Sony was not the type of company to start spending a ton of money trying to buy 3rd party publishers and studios until Microsoft started throwing money around. I know we can't have that conversation tho because yall on that stan wars shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony was not the type of company to start spending a ton of money trying to buy 3rd party publishers and studios until Microsoft started throwing money around. I know we can't have that conversation tho because yall on that stan wars shyt.

So be mad at microsoft

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So be mad at microsoft
I've shytted on Microsoft a bunch of times for throwing money around buying 3rd party publishers. you always on that stan shyt so you probably didn't see that. Like I said, we can't have this conversation, especially when you're literally the biggest proponent of the console war bullshyt that's caused this sub forum to go to shyt.

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I've shytted on Microsoft a bunch of times for throwing money around buying 3rd party publishers. you aleats on that stan shyt so you probably didn't see that. Like I said, we can't have this conversation, especially when you're literally the biggest proponent of the console war bullshyt that's caused this sub forum to go to shyt.
Cry more nikka.
SE going multiplat with M$ was a shyt decision that fukked the quality of their games.
Best for SE to be acquired by Sony to save themselves, and like I said I wouldnā€™t mind Nintendo getting some from SE just not piece of dog shyt M$