Eddie Murphy Teases a Possible 'Coming to America' Sequel

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:russ:

Ironically, I watched it this weekend and thought "damn there's a really good sequel here" but then I thought you'd have to get john landis back and Eddie back in give a fukk mode. Don't know if either of those things would happen again so yeah maybe Eddie should keep on that "comeback" he's been doing since the beginning of the decade
how would the sequel go?

edit: you explained it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eddie trashed John Landis back in the day. He hates his guts.

Eddie should just leave it alone...

The ONLY sequel he needs to be trying to get
Made is Beverly Hills Cop

And he should only do that if Bret Ratner isn't directing.

And yeah I know he and John don't get along anymore and it's all because of Beverly Hills cop 3. Sadly. John wanted to make it more in the vein of the first two but Eddie wanted it to be serious. Which I don't understand

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And he should only do that if Bret Ratner isn't directing.

And yeah I know he and John don't get along anymore and it's all because of Beverly Hills cop 3. Sadly. John wanted to make it more in the vein of the first two but Eddie wanted it to be serious. Which I don't understand

I don't remember reading specifically it being about BHC3 but about Landis's attitude. Eddie said that John Landud had a terrible attitude toward black celebrities and tried to run roughshod over him during Coming To America and Eddie had to set him straight

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't remember reading specifically it being about BHC3 but about Landis's attitude. Eddie said that John Landud had a terrible attitude toward black celebrities and tried to run roughshod over him during Coming To America and Eddie had to set him straight

Yeah see I never heard eddies side of it. Johns side is Eddie was a pain n the ass to work with on Beverly Hills cop 3 cause he wanted axel to be serious and they kept clashing about the tone and direction of the movie. John doesn't appear to have any ill will towards him now tho. In fact he just talked about Eddie on a podcast I listen to and they brought up coming to America so one of them is lying one of them is telling the truth or they're both full of shyt

Edit: turns out whatever beef they had, they squashed it years ago

Eddie Murphy on His Legacy, the Oscars and 'SNL'

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
91L%2BgSTUuNL._SY445_.jpg

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
No way it could ever live up the original and half of the movie would probly consist of revisiting jokes and gags from the first movie. I.E you know the barbershop guys would be in it and all that.

The nostalgia for CTA is strong but not strong enough to warrant a new movie. Maybe like a skit on SNL or something where they bring back Eddie and Arsenio for a one time deal.