Economic progressivism is cool, until non-white people want benefits

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Sadly I do agree with you here to an extent as far as how racism is used by those who wish to see the state dismantled and drive folks to right leaning economic ideas. It’s insidious and disgusting.

However I disagree that the answer is centerism or not to hold fast to progressive economic ideas in spite of that. I know I make this point many times but it’s worth making again. Politicians that campaign on economic progressivism in large win as long as they can present it in a way that is hard to argue with and as a result the opposition ideas are successfully exposed as fukking everyone over like they are intended. Obama did this on the campaign trail (not talking about his actual presidency) that he had these white Walmart working in bumfukk Iowa voting for him.

The message works. You just need someone who can sell it. The racism is a stumbling block but it’s not impossible.

However centerism will make it worse because it inspires no one and in the context of modern politics it’s very much status quo. Secondly, many of the politicians who push this are the type of politicians everyone is sick of. The politician created by a third way think tank and sent out from Washington to try and sell themselves to people instead of it feeling organic and ergo, a “person of the people”. It’s fake and people dislike it. People hate them and they will lose to the right because people can sense the insincerity. As a result we get more far right nuttery. If they do win they do shyt like Mark Warner and et al did the other night where they vote for right wing ideas to be seen as “moderate” to their voters that end up doing he same shyt such as voting no against he admendment in the tax bill to not touch Medicare and social security. .
If you look at a lot of post-election analysis on the left, they advocated "dumping identity politics"

You know what that means, right? :sas1:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If you look at a lot of post-election analysis on the left, they advocated "dumping identity politics"

You know what that means, right? :sas1:
No, they advocating empty identity politics aka still being corrupt clowns. Foh.

Like you know hot sauce in my bag.... showing up for Cinco de Mayo on some condescension shyt

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
So why dont we address why its so hard to pass any of this progressive legislation? :sas1:

Maybe it's because of mega donors like this crying about millionaire criticism and the dems going "far left" which can mean anything. Being an inch to the left of joe machin could be far left to some people.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Look, you start from the strength of the collective. Stronger policies that support the whole are popular among most of the population. Things can be negotiated but starting for example in a more socially democratic manner can work. All this purist, my way or the highway description of the progressive movement from the center-left liberal is just bad propaganda.

I'm tired of these anti-christ level regimes (W, Trump) in modern times using the precedent set by their predecessors all in the name of upholding the status quo.

Eventually, yall third-way types will get exhausted from this cycle of good/decent to outright demonic, eventually.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
1. Do you acknowledge any distinction/difference between racist Democrats from the early 20th century and what would be considered the liberals/progressives of today?
Yes, the statist of today practice a much more refined white supremacy that uses class struggles to obscure black struggles and promote policies that ensure black survival not black advancement.

I have no idea what you're trying to say
I'm trying to say that at this point necessity and only necessity would foster the sense community blacks have lost.
... and that necessity isnt going to come about(in my opinion) until the statist umbilical cord we are currently under is cut.

Because the economic policies that most liberals support have been shown to have better outcomes for poor/working/middle class Americans - of which the vast majority of black people belong.
I dont believe that just because black people are part of a class, that its gains are automatically theirs... and in my opinion those economic policies have either coralled us into a permanent underclass or completely failed at preventing it.
... and I believe long term outcomes would be better without them.

I don't believe either side of the isle is for black advancement.

Which data? The reason income/wages have stagnated is because we haven't actually implemented many of the policies that we know would help reverse those trends. Even when we had the opportunity to (Obama's first term for instance), it was "centrists" (who are in fact economic conservatives) that scared Obama into continuing along a more "cautious" route.
Which policies? and how would they benefit black people specifically?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Look, you start from the strength of the collective. Stronger policies that support the whole are popular among most of the population. Things can be negotiated but starting for example in a more socially democratic manner can work. All this purist, my way or the highway description of the progressive movement from the center-left liberal is just bad propaganda.

I'm tired of these anti-christ level regimes (W, Trump) in modern times using the precedent set by their predecessors all in the name of upholding the status quo.

Eventually, yall third-way types will get exhausted from this cycle of good/decent to outright demonic, eventually.
But thats the charade though.

Clearly I'd prefer more labor protections, fairer wages, etc... but its quite evident that they dont want black people benefitting from that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The coli is a funny place breh :wow:

I came with layers of evidence I personally read and reviewed and I'm just getting "huh uh's" :wow:

Robert D. Putnam - Wikipedia

After reanalyzing the same dataset used by Putnam, Abascal and Baldassari asserted that when it comes to distrust and diversity, most of the distrust is expressed by Whites who feel uncomfortable living amongst racial minorities. In other words, greater distrust may stem from prejudice rather than from diversity per se. Therefore, Putnam’s conclusion that racial diversity leads to less altruism and cooperation amongst neighbors was incorrect. If there is a downside to diversity, it has less to do with the behavior of racial minorities and more to do with how Whites feel when living amongst non-Whites.

When non-Whites move into predominantly White communities, it has the potential to unmask racism and prejudice. Perhaps one of the reasons that this idea has been rarely discussed, both by academics and by the public, is because it is such a difficult topic to address. It illuminates the gap between how we might want to see things versus how they actually are. Past community researchon racially mixed neighborhoods shows how Whites often appreciate and esteem diversity in the abstract while geographically distancing themselves from non-Whites.

- Does Diversity Create Distrust?

Opinion | Don’t Blame Diversity for Distrust

https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/percolator/robert-putnam-says-his-research-was-twisted/30357

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Show me a country as diverse as the USA which is as liberal as your ideal situation.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps

Because the economic policies that most liberals support have been shown to have better outcomes for poor/working/middle class Americans - of which the vast majority of black people belong.

:mjlol: :mjlol::mjlol:

No da fukk they dont help black people.