Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was one of it's selling points back in the day
it wasn't really a selling point.

just the gameplay was so good no one gave a fukk

PES from 2001 - around 2011 was the only game
Then FIFA came and crushed the buildings

If you went to any of the party islands in Greece, Spain, Cyprus..... all the bars had PES tournaments from like 05-09.... and they'd all be active

I seen one in 06 and a creh won the thing with Sunderland..... that's when I saw the levels, to me that was the equivalent of these pros who stream now, dude was serious

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

If you went to any of the party islands in Greece, Spain, Cyprus..... all the bars had PES tournaments from like 05-09.... and they'd all be active

I seen one in 06 and a creh won the thing with Sunderland..... that's when I saw the levels, to me that was the equivalent of these pros who stream now, dude was serious
Bro FIFA has been around since the 90s. I've played every FIFA since the Genesis days

IMHO, I never even considered PES as a contender. (Though now I see you're talking about outside of the US)

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Exactly. PES had the best gameplay and you could argue PES 6 is the best football game ever. fukk a license ppl would mod the game and have fun.

FIFA copied alot of elements from PES but never could get the same results

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Bro FIFA has been around since the 90s. I've played every FIFA since the Genesis days

IMHO, I never even considered PES as a contender. (Though now I see you're talking about outside of the US)

I thought so too till I met ppl from south america, the UK, parts of Africa. PES was #1 for a period of time.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was talking about PES creation suite and how it made up for the lack of licenses and yes it was ONE of it's selling points, I'm fully aware of PES run as the best football game, hell I was that kid that played imported Winning Eleven and had dudes like :damn:

Go condescend elsewhere

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

First FIFA I played was 94.

Played 96 and 97 on PC then 99, 2000, 2001 on Playstation (edit and Fifa 1998 Road To World Cup... that was probably the GOAT football game at the time it was released)

From 01/02 onwards PES crushed the buildings in every capacity in the UK/ Europe

Might not have been a US thing, but PES was the only game to football people over here in that period

FIFA obvsy runs the show again now, no question bout that..... but Konami had their run

Last edited:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was talking about PES creation suite and how it made up for the lack of licenses and yes it was ONE of it's selling points, I'm fully aware of PES run as the best football game, hell I was that kid that played imported Winning Eleven and had dudes like :damn:

Go condescend elsewhere
i'm sorry you took it to heart

I was speaking out of love for my days playing with Castolo and Ordaz and Hamsun and Valery and Ivarov and them man

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

PES ruled man.

We had competitions all through college and uni. FIFA was never taken seriously and was considered quite simple. I can’t even remember when it officially changed as there were people who knew PES started to falter but refused to buy FIFA. It was also a bit of an F U to western devs.

The Japanese had a proper lock on the football sim games. Seabass was considered a king.

I’ve still not had as much fun or gaming or emotional satisfaction since the PES days on any football game.

Last edited:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. PES had the best gameplay and you could argue PES 6 is the best football game ever. fukk a license ppl would mod the game and have fun.

FIFA copied alot of elements from PES but never could get the same results
I hear you on PES6 bro

PES was the original classic
PES2 built on it and was getting even more people hooked
PES3 was fun, maybe a touch slower than 2 from memoru
PES4, they jacked up the speed and made it very arcadey.... to some of my boys, this is the undisputed GOAT
PES5 was a bit slower.... I loved it cos I had big success doing R2 finishes with Zidane from the exact same spot and started to destroy people online
PES6 - another arguable GOAT contender

Maybe one or two more good ones after this then FIFA took the throne

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PES ruled man.

We had competitions all through college and uni. FIFA was never taken seriously and was considered quite simple. I can’t even remember when it officially changed as there were people who knew PEA started to faulted but refused to buy FIFA. It was also a bit of an F U to western devs.

The Japanese had a proper lock on the football sim games. Seabass was considered a king.

I’ve still not had as much fun or gaming or emotional satisfaction since the PES days on any football game.

Nothing will capture the glory days of PES, I had memory cards full of my best goals, lol