E3 2021 All Digital June 12-15

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't hype up E3 anymore because it's been getting weaker and weaker over the years. Hell one year I think 2018 Sony did they shyt in what appeared to be someone's backyard and shyt. :mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
It's definitely time for gamer's expectations to be reset. Shareholders and fans put pressures on these devs to wow us with these presentations, they hype themselves up and then lose their collective minds when they don't get what they hoped for. It's really a child's mentality, and I've been guilty of it myself.

Reality is, gaming is big business now. Modern AAA games are becoming extremely expensive, time-consuming and risky to make. One flop can end a studio. Yet fans demand every franchise they love, be brought back with AAA visuals or it gets trashed for looking "last gen" or "indie garbage". So instead we get a bunch of multiplayer and monetization driven AAA games that are samey as hell.

I've gotten much more into indie gaming these past few years because you can get a classic retro artstyle and some really innovative ideas that you won't see from AAA. But you have to set your expectations accordingly :yeshrug:

time for my monthly reminder I guess.

Ex-PlayStation boss Shawn Layden says huge AAA game development is "not sustainable" - MSPoweruser