Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson bringing a “badass” game series to big screen

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
7a9d2c22-d571-4a73-8tnkfx.jpeg
I want this to happen now.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
They’ve gotten to that will smith point where you just can’t immerse yourself in the movies because of them. They are just playing caricatures of themselves. If you go to see a movie with Dwayne Johnson you’re going because you like the rock not because you’re interested in the story or anything else about the movie.

Thats why he would do well in a fortnite or CoD movie because theres no standout characters he has to act as. Even in Moana I low key couldnt stop thinking that was him in there.

When your very popular but not very good at acting the movie just becomes about the actor.

The problem with Rock is that he runs everything he does that is moderately successful into the fukking ground.

I liked Moana but every fukking appearance he did on any platform for at least a year and a half after the fukking movie came out he was finding a way to sing "you're welcome". We felt it Dwayne you sung in the movie, move on

Nothing he does has actual staying power outside of wrestling.

He just floods the market

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Honestly, if anyone had any sense in the office of the movie... it should be Borderlands.
Kevin Hart is playing Roland, Rock would make a better Brick than literally anyone else short of maybe Dave Bautista, and Cate Blanchett of all people is also in it.

But it isn't that. It's gonna be something dumb and terrible.
...Or it's going to be God of War because there is no actual god :yeshrug:
Either way; prolly ain't seeing that shyt. Rock movies bore me and video game adaptation movies being bad is not a rule I see him managing to create an exception to.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Tbh looking at sonys horrible casting of Tom Holland and Mark fukkin Walberg :snoop:

It is VERY possible for the rock to be cast as Kratos GOW

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be honest, God of War ain't too bad... Kratos don't talk much. Let him run around grunting and hollering "BOY!" while great actors give the God's speeches and we get elite action.....

I'll take it :yeshrug:

The less he talks the more he actually has to act

The eyebrow ain’t gonna get it done

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if he's Kratos are people gonna raise hell that a Black/Samoan guy is playing a Greek demigod? Or is that ire and scorn reserved for darkskin and full Black folk? :mjpls:

It's amazing he got away with playing Hercules without controversy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Giant Freakin Robot isn't that great of a source. They're like We Got It Covered.