Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson bringing a “badass” game series to big screen

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think it’s GOW. But y’all are mistaken thinking it matters whether he can act the part or has the voice of Kratos. If Sony wants him to have the role, and he wants it, it happens. Look at what they did to Uncharted FFS :mjlol:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Rock is one of the fukking WOATs in Hollywood. Everything he put out as an adaptation or solo effort was straight to bargain bin DVD status

Fast and Furious got him hot in an ensemble and mark Wahlberg taught him how to stay in the mix despite all your flops so you keep getting disposable roles

He trash but laughing all the way to the bank. I like him as a personality but1 his movies doo doo

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rock is one of the fukking WOATs in Hollywood. Everything he put out as an adaptation or solo effort was straight to bargain bin DVD status

Fast and Furious got him hot in an ensemble and mark Wahlberg taught him how to stay in the mix despite all your flops so you keep getting disposable roles

He trash but laughing all the way to the bank. I like him as a personality but1 his movies doo doo

Yeah i honestly can’t see myself being excited for a rock movie at this point. The irony is i defended him in the film room in the vin diesel beef but i still dont want him in movies for franchises i like

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yeah i honestly can’t see myself being excited for a rock movie at this point. The irony is i defended him in the film room in the vin diesel beef but i still dont want him in movies for franchises i like

Rock figured out he only works in ensemble roles or playing exaggerated versions of himself (just like that clown Ryan Reynolds). It's worked wonders the two of them are everywhere now

I didn't forget the two of them were floundering for over a decade :mjpls:. Still putting out the same shyt but it stuck now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rock figured out he only works in ensemble roles or playing exaggerated versions of himself (just like that clown Ryan Reynolds). It's worked wonders the two of them are everywhere now

I didn't forget the two of them were floundering for over a decade :mjpls:. Still putting out the same shyt but it stuck now

They’ve gotten to that will smith point where you just can’t immerse yourself in the movies because of them. They are just playing caricatures of themselves. If you go to see a movie with Dwayne Johnson you’re going because you like the rock not because you’re interested in the story or anything else about the movie.

Thats why he would do well in a fortnite or CoD movie because theres no standout characters he has to act as. Even in Moana I low key couldnt stop thinking that was him in there.

When your very popular but not very good at acting the movie just becomes about the actor.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
“Rock” and “great movie” dont belong together….but…

contra? We know dude wants to be 80’s arnold so bad. And everyone thought arny and sly would do that back in the day.