Dusty Baker one of the realest nikkas in Baseball.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
dusty-baker.jpg

“Now Earl, tell me them ribs wasn’t just fallin off the bone, I told Willie they ain’t even need goddam no sauce”

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
rawImage.jpg

"Lawd Ethel you musta got one of the butt lifts like them young guls get.When you get that rump? Last time I saw you your ass was hangin like catfish at the end of the pole but now, now You stealing my heart like i used to steal bases in ayetee fo'. Lemme take you to the Red Lobster after service on Sunday. "

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
s-c86bb26b8876b5279f21c4de4da75dc487a1cbb1.gif

"So Glenn threw his hand up like this, and I reached back and smacked it AND dats how the high five was invented"

Jokes aside Dusty Baker swears he invented the high five in 1977 with the Dodgers :russ:

High five - Wikipedia
Wait… so nobody high fived before 1977 ?:ohhh:

or is this just the OG “I introduced Adam to eve” type talk?? :russ:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Wait… so nobody high fived before 1977 ?:ohhh:

or is this just the OG “I introduced Adam to eve” type talk?? :russ:

For decades, the "conventional wisdom"[3] has been that the origin of the high five occurred between Dusty Baker and Glenn Burke of the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium on October 2, 1977, the last day of the regular season.[3] In the sixth inning, Dusty Baker hit a home run off Houston Astros pitcher J. R. Richard. It was Baker's 30th home run, making the Dodgers the first team in history to have four hitters with at least 30 home runs each in a single season.[7] As journalist Jon Mooallem tells the story:

It was a wild, triumphant moment and a good omen as the Dodgers headed to the playoffs. Burke, waiting on deck, thrust his hand enthusiastically over his head to greet his friend at the plate. Baker, not knowing what to do, smacked it. "His hand was up in the air, and he was arching way back," says Baker ... "So I reached up and hit his hand. It seemed like the thing to do."[3]

This story regarding the origin of the high five can be found in the written news as early as September 1982 and is featured in the ESPN 30 for 30 film The High Five directed by Michael Jacobs.

:jbhmm::ehh:

[After retiring from baseball, Burke, who was one of the first openly gay professional athletes, used the high five with other gay residents of the Castro district of San Francisco, where for many it became a symbol of gay pride and identification.[3]

:dame:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
s-c86bb26b8876b5279f21c4de4da75dc487a1cbb1.gif

"So Glenn threw his hand up like this, and I reached back and smacked it AND dats how the high five was invented"

Jokes aside Dusty Baker swears he invented the high five in 1977 with the Dodgers :russ:

High five - Wikipedia
apparently he did tho...it's documented