Dusty Baker one of the realest nikkas in Baseball.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Houston_Astros_manager_Dusty_Baker_%2849571481023%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

They really think I'm paying attention to this sh*t for 3+ hrs.. That's why I wear shades so I can look around the stadium at all thes-...Hot Damn! I can't remember, did I forget to take them ribs out the freezer to thaw out??

*interrupts rib thoughts*

I be dam-...look at dis fool out missin a routine ground ball. Boy, back when I was playin I made that play my sleep.

*back to rib thoughts*

When this inning over I'm going in the dugout to call my old lady to take my ribs out the freezer.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Houston_Astros_manager_Dusty_Baker_%2849571481023%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

They really think I'm paying attention to this sh*t for 3+ hrs.. That's why I wear shades so I can look around the stadium at all thes-...Hot Damn! I can't remember, did I forget to take them ribs out the freezer to thaw out??

*interrupts rib thoughts*

I be dam-...look at dis fool out missin a routine ground ball. Boy, back when I was playin I made that play my sleep.

*back to rib thoughts*

When this inning over I'm going in the dugout to call my old lady to take my ribs out the freezer.

*calls wife from dugout, phone rings several times*

What the hell she doing, I ain't got much time between innings

*she answers*

Melissa, hello-h-hey baby....listen, real quick, I need you to go look in the freezer, now listen to me close, not the kitchen freezer, but the BIG freezer in the garage. Yeah, and when you open it and start moving stuff around, make sure you put everything back like I had it so it'll close up good.

Now when you open it, look to the RIGHT and you gon see some St Louis ribs. NOT THEM. Don't take them out, them is Ronnie's(his brothers) ribs. He don't have the freezer space like we do so I'm keeping them until he ready to cook em. But look under those and then under them turkey necks, and then you'll see my beef ribs. Take em out and set on top the deep freeze. Thank you baby, I gotta get back to this game!

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
a few more quotes from The Athletic article:

Dempster: So there’s another player for another team that is up there hitting. And (Dusty) says, “Demp, come here, man.” He’s got the double wristbands on. He’s giving signs over to Wendell Kim at third base. He’s got the toothpick in and the game’s going on. He’s like, “Hey, that’s your boy, huh?” I said, “Yeah, we’re really good buddies.” It was a guy I played with before. He just goes, “Yeah, he’s a burner, huh?” I go, “Well, I mean, maybe he could steal like 20 bases if you gave him the green light.” And he just looks over at me – the game’s going on – and he goes, “No, motherf—er, like a burner,” and he makes the sign like you’re smoking weed. And I go, “Well, yeah, I think so? How did you know that?” And he just goes, “Heh heh, man, if you’ve been a burner, you can always tell another burner.” I mean, this guy smoked weed with Jimi Hendrix.

Arroyo: Supposedly he’d have two black bags, and I always saw these two black bags and I never thought much of it. Somebody said in one of the bags he had a gas mask, iodine pills because he was a bit of a prepper. Just in case nuclear war breaks out, he needed these things. As a big-league manager, you’re worried about your food from this mom-and-pop place in San Fran, you’ve got this bag in case war breaks out, you’re thinking about Joey Votto, you’re thinking about Hank Aaron’s mother. He’s just so eclectic, it’s hard to put him in a category with anyone else.

Arroyo: Miguel Cairo used to have this habit of sneaking into the kitchen and getting into some food and I don’t know if he was doing it on purpose, but he ate Dusty’s soup one day. Dusty started figuring out that Cairo was the one eating his food and he was basically like, “Don’t ever do that again or I’m going to cut ya.” You don’t play with Dusty’s food, man.

Someone in the comments gave this story:

I'm telling you, there's nobody like him. My wife and I, and my 2 sons (15 and 12 at the time) were at Redsfest years ago. He came up to us and just chatted like old friends, found out we are from the Indy area. He was crazy excited to be going to Bengals at Colts in a suite the next day as Marvin Lewis' guest. We then accidentally entered a VIP room instead of the season ticket holder room, everything was amazing...I loaded up a plate of prime rib and about that time a guy with the Reds informed us we were in the wrong room and had to leave. Dusty sees it all and walks over and says "they're with me, VIP's". We ate and drank with Dusty. Later on, back downstairs in Redsfest he's walking along through a crowd and just comes over and playfully punches my 15 year old in the arm like old buddies would do. A special, special dude.

My favorite

Solis: The guy wore these cotton, full-length long johns. They were literally his from when he played. The elastic was all loose on the legs now; they were disgusting, ratty things. And he wore them under his uniform because he said he never went on the DL so he was going to keep wearing them.
:huhldup::mjlol:

Dusty wearing some old ass longjohns with doo-doo stains:russ:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was a Giants fan in the 1990s so Dusty Baker has always been my favorite manager in baseball and always will be. I want him to win this Series so bad, as much as I wanted Bonds to win one.

He was drafted in 1967. Meaning he's been involved in professional baseball continuously for 55 years.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
A treasured gift that keeps on giving. :salute:

"Zimmerman: In every single city, doesn't matter where you're at, there's someone there. It's always just Dusty's friend."

"Taylor: One day it would be the leader of a Native American tribe and the next day it would be Joe Namath."

"Hawkins: Or a Navy Seal."

"Gomes: Then a 2 Chainz rapper. Then Willie Nelson. Then he'd bring in some hunter/fisher guy. And he was best friends with all of them. It was like the biggest collage...I always joked he was the People's Champ."

"Lewis: Robin Williams would come in the locker room all the time. That's how I first met Ronnie Lott. The locker room was open."

"Zimmerman: Willie Mays in San Francisco and then the head of a tribe that lets him go duck hunting on their land. He's just endearing to everybody."