Duke vs. UNC thread

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
taken from Elizabeth King Forum for duke which is what i've been preaching all season. We should be playing outside/in and not the reverse. we need to establish grayson and gary on the perimeter early which will open up more driving lanes and give space to our interior guys. We become too predictable and have a high turnover percentage when we try to force every possession into our big guys.

"Turnovers doomed us.

We're overweight on trying to initiate the offense from inside and UNC adjusted for that after having played us twice. They packed it in which made the interior pass difficult and clogged up passing lanes. Not to mention all those turnovers.

We should run more plays to get the open 3 instead of trying to get the ball inside. Even if we miss, our bigs have a chance to get the offensive rebound. If we make it, they'll be forced to guard the perimeter more and it opens up driving lanes and room for our bigs to get the next interior pass and make plays.

In the UNC game at Cameron, we shot 3-13 of 3s in the first half vs 6-12 in the second half. That really changed everything.

We were getting more perimeter shots toward the end of this game (and making them) and went on a mini-run, but it was too little too late. We need to establish outside shooting earlier.

I'm not saying we stop going for inside baskets, just more that there's an optimal balance and we are trying too hard to go inside at the expense of outside. We need better balance, and made 3s will open up the game a lot so let's have some plays to free up shooters."

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
and i'm not mad at allen at all, he hit huge 3s that half to help bring us back. He gave us extra possessions to even be in a position to tie or win. he got a late steal, went coast to coast, and took it the hole only to get called for a charge on a smart play by williams. still down 3, he forced pinson into the turnover rather than fouling for the 1 and 1, then missed an off balance 3 with 5 seconds left and no more timeouts for us. what's funny is that he should've done the reverse on each play. On the play where he got called for a charge, he should've pulled up for 3, and on the missed 3, he should've penetrated against maye.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Carolina fan and I wish we had lost this game tbh. We needed the rest more than we needed the win. The ACC tourney is typically harder than March Madness and winning it and then making a title run is almost impossible.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Carolina fan and I wish we had lost this game tbh. We needed the rest more than we needed the win. The ACC tourney is typically harder than March Madness and winning it and then making a title run is almost impossible.
Nah, this team needs to beat some good teams going into the tournament and get the best possible seed they can.

Seven days is enough time to recover. Hopefully they end up in Charlotte to reduce travel.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
:royumad1:
giphy.gif