DUKE university ends full ride scholarship only open to black students

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
at the end of day the onus is on black folks as a people to move like Asians when it comes to education

anything less than that is taking the power out of your hands and waiting for someone else to help you

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
These types of scholarships were the reason I was able to graduate without debt. Going to be a rough future for young black kids.
I’m sure black men will be blamed for fallout from this.

And the ones that succeed despite this setback will still be burdened by society by never ending requests. to step up and help save everybody else from their situation. :yawn:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I’m sure black men will be blamed for fallout from this.

And the ones that succeed despite this setback will still be burdened by society by never ending requests. to step up and help save everybody else from their situation. :yawn:
They're already in here attacking other black people for this.

They'll talk shyt about everyone but the people they voted for. Isn't fighting things like this why you helped put them in office?

Well, they're in office, so what are they doing about this?

Or did black people just not vote enough :unimpressed:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
at the end of day the onus is on black folks as a people to move like Asians when it comes to education

Respect your opinion, but I've always disagreed with this sentiment. Every large community of people has a wide variety of segments, opinions, values, and habits. Dr.Bann completed an entire series about the backstories , founders, and builders of HBCUs last year. The example to follow is in the footsteps of the segments of previous generations of AAs who put a premium on education . Not in emulating Asians.

Because there are different segments with different values, this is not something we can move on collectively. There aren't many things we have control of, but (individual) household expectations and views on education are definitely one of them.
People are who they are.

I think I understand the point you're making, though

anything less than that is taking the power out of your hands and waiting for someone else to help you
Yes

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man the energy that's about to be spent crying about this could go into improving the schools we do have.
Compartmentalizing black opportunity is a gigantic step backward. We shouldn't have only "This". We should have "This, that, and the other."

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Lay the blue print breh.
the blueprint has long been laid by Elders who dedicated their lives to ensuring the future of our race.

if we didn't listen for all those long years - 100 years at least - what good is trying to come up with some new plan now?